Ch-11 The Obvious Choice

Marcus searched the face of Celine for any reaction but all she gave him was a blank stare.

He blinked at her. She blinked back at him.

"Celine?" He waved his face infront of her for any sign of movement, still she just stared at him like a statue.

"My love, are you alright?"

Did he break her or something? Did he bring the topic too fast? What is happening?

Suddenly, Nahuel walked in with some cooked vegetables and rabbit meat for Celine to eat.

He stopped walking when he noticed Marcus worried expression and Celine sitting beside him frozen like a statue. He wanted to laugh out loud because of Marcus' obliviousness. He will admit that he was also scared the first time she did that infront of him.

Marcus noticed the hybrid vampire standing there and looked at him, dumbfounded.

"Is she alright?"

Nahuel was about to answer but was cut off by a voice.

"Yes."

Marcus was startled for a second. He turned back to Celine and saw her staring at him expectantly.

"What?"

"I said yes." She shrugged her shoulders wondering why he was acting weird.

"You did it again, Celine." Nahuel snickered from behind and she facepalmed.

"Did what? Am I missing something here?" Marcus hated being left out of thing.

"Marcus, was I staring at you for a very long time in a....creepy way?" She rubbed her neck.

He slowly nodded.

"Yes...I do that when I am thinking about something very seriously. I just....can't seem to control it. Sometimes, I'm not even aware I'm doing it!" She exclaimed, her face red from embarrassment.

Marcus laughed. "Well, I don't mind it one bit. I was just taken aback. I thought I had rushed things too fast."

"What things?" Nahuel asked.

Celine faced him with a bright smile. "I'm going with Marcus."

He blinked at her. "You are?" He knew they had to go but seeing her being so eager took him by surprise.

She nodded. "Aro and Caius are also in a lot of pain. Just like me. I want more than anything to cease it."

He understood everything. It would take time to adjust to the fact that he won't be woken up by a pestering but eager sister demanding for archery lessons and fighting skills.

He saw first-hand how kind and caring Marcus was to his sister. He wished that he too would have a mate like her.

"When are we leaving?" Celine asked Marcus.

"In an hour at most. We have to start out journey at night so we would be less noticeable."

"But before that, you need to get some food in your belly. Here." Nahuel told her before giving her the plate of food he had prepared.

Marcus eyed it with distaste. "Is that what you eat around here?"

"Not all of us live in prestigious castles, Your Majesty." Nahuel said sarcastically.

He apologized after Celine glared at him. It was true, there were vampires out there- though not as bad as humans- still lived in terrible conditions.

After she ate, Marcus and Nahuel left the room for to change. She didn't have a diverse wardrobe or anything, only the blue and gold gown she wore while coming here.

She slipped out of her deerskin dress which she made a quick decision to take with her and changed into her old but still regal looking gown. It was mother's, one she wore as Roman noblewoman.

She looked like an ancient princess in this. This was also the dress she wore when she met Marcus, Caius and Aro for the very first time. That made it all the more special.

 That made it all the more special

....

She went outside to be met with Marcus who had a wide grin on his face as he stared at her godly dress.

He also shot glares at Demetri and Felix who stared at her for a bit too long for Marcus' liking.

"You look beautiful." He complimented her and kissed her forehead and she blushed.

"As much I love seeing you like this, you must put on one of our cloaks or you will draw attention." He said as Demetri came to them with a cloak Celine noticed that it was similar to what Marcus wore unlike the plain ones that Demetri and Felix did.

As if sensing her confusion, he answered her while putting the cloak on her. "It is a royal cloak, and you are our Queen and deserve nothing other than perfection."

Huilen who had come back from tantrum, upon hearing those words, scoffed while her nephew glared at her.

Marcus ignored her and pulled out a necklace that had the Volturi's symbol on it and clasped it around her neck. Last but not least, he pulled her hood up on her face.

Now she looked like the true Queen of Volterra.

He admired his handiwork while Celine was wondering why she felt an aura of power exude from her while wearing this cloak.

It was time to say her goodbyes. She turned to Nahuel who was smiling at while Huilen sighed and gave her a small one. She may have disliked the Volturi but definitely not Celine.

Celine went to embrace Nahuel and he immediately accepted her. They would miss each other a lot. No one could replace them as siblings to one another. She would miss his overprotective demeanour while he miss her annoying one.

They pulled away and Nahuel was trying to control the tears in his eyes. Unlike Celine who would live an adventure filled life, his would just be the same.

"So, should I be addressing you as Your Majesty?" He joked while bowing infront making her roll her eyes. "Yes, you peasant." She playfully sneered at him.

They both shared another laugh before she went to Huilen. Celine knew she didn't approve of her leaving with the enemy but this was her choice.

"I know you are angry an-

Before she could finish, Huilen wrapped her arms around her in a bone crushing hug. "I am not angry at you, only at myself because I failed your mother."

Celine pulled away and smiled. "My mother wanted me safe and I feel the most safe when I am with them, Huilen."

"They better not hurt you." She stared over Celine's shoulder and looked at Marcus with threatening eyes.

"I will not." Marcus said with a stern tone that matched his face. This wasn't just a warning for him but a promise.

Celine, after saying her goodbyes to her brother and aunt walked to Marcus and took his hand in hers and blinked away the tears that formed.

"Let us take our leave."