Ch-56 The Real Claudia

Claudia would've proded more at Fenix if not for Moira's soft voice spoke from behind her.

"Claudia?"

The princess sighed, her head resting on the door, tired for another lecture from someone. She just wanted to be alone for at least some time.

Claudia turned to face her mother figure and immediately scowled as she saw all the maids from before still there looking at her anticipation.

Moira wasn't foolish to overlook Claudia's irritation at the many people in the room.

"Leave us please, I will make sure the princess is ready for the dinner."

The maids looked at each other hesitant, the Queen would scold them for not following her orders.

"You heard what my mother said, leave!"

They all jumped and realized it was actually Claudia who yelled at them and quickly bowed at her, and left without looking at the princess' eyes.

Claudia looked at Moira who was standing there looking shocked, it took the princess a second to realize that she had called her mother but she wasn't surprised with herself at all.

"You called me your...mother?" Moira asked in disbelief.

"You have been more of a mother to me than that woman." She replied dryly and sauntered past Moira and sat infront of her dressing table.

"You can't say that! Castella ha-

"Castella has kept many things from me, she doesn't care about my wishes, she cares only about her status as Queen and nothing else.

Though, I won't lie, even you have kept this proposal from me, a secret and I won't forgive you any time soon for that."

Claudia took a napkin and dipped it in a bowl of water and started to wipe it all over her face, her makeup coming off with it.

"I'm sorry for keeping this from- what are you doing?"

Moira didn't seem angry at what she was doing, just confused.

"If my future husband can't handle the real me, then this proposal will be broken soon enough."

Claudia briefly turned to look Moira before continuing.

"Let's face it, men see women like me as a threat to their ego. Hence, I can get rid of him easily.

Watch Moira, one look at me and he will pack his bags and go back to Feryskater."

Claudia grinned before turning back to resume cleaning her face.

"You mean Ceryscathia?" The old woman corrected as she walked over to the princess and pulled her hair back and started to remove the countless pins those maids stuck in her beautiful pale hair.

Moira smiled."You look every bit like your mother-

Claudia glared at her.

"-except for the shrewd personality."

She smiled and turned back to her reflection, satisfied at the fact her face wasn't caked in powders anymore.

Claudia was also surprised that Moira was helping her with her plain look, not too surprised though as she knew her better than anyone other than Fenix of course.

"Why help me?"

Moira smiled, her wrinkled fingers pulling out the very last pin and set it aside and spread Claudia's snowy hair like a bird unfurling its wings.

"It's my job as a mother to never go against my daughter's wishes."

"I love you so much." Claudia mumbled and leaned her head back resting on Moira's stomach.