Ch-96 Mending Broken Bridges And A Girl

If there was one thing that Korashia found irritating in people were the ones who shied away from everything and chose to wallow in self pity.

The Queen was easily one of the people that had gained her respect the moment she blindly defended her from the Volturi, her own people for her, the enemy who was deadset on killing her.

Celine, though she may look and act all innocent was nothing but a force to be reckoned with, she was the person you ever wanted to cross, her kindness and at the same time, ruthlessness was astonishing to her.

Now, when she had met Celine as Carina, she was yet again surprised but not in a pleasant way, Carina lacked the strength that Celine had.

Carina could just never adapt to something so easily, Korashia understood that not everyone can be as strong and as resilient but someone who knows that they have the power to do anything yet still crawl into a hole and bawl so much.

Korashia wasn't surprised in the least bit when she found Carina in the library, her safe haven from the dangers that lurk outside, she wanted to scoff at that, she was merely cowering in there not wanting to face their issues.

When she entered, she found Carina sitting on a chair, her entire head collapsed on the table infront of her, an unravelled scroll lying beside her.

"I'm not in the least bit surprised to find you here." Korashia stated walking towards her, scowling as she took a seat beside her.

Carina lazily raised her head up, and sighed. "If you're here to convince me to apologize to him then..no."

"No, I'm not here for that. I'm just here to give you a lesson on tardiness and cowardice."

"What?" Carina asked. "My problems are not that useless..."

"I can hear your hesitance from a mile away." Korashia deadpanned.

"So...not everyone is as strong as you are!" She yelled, getting angrier at how this girl was so blatantly placing out every single one of her problems.

Korashia scoffed once again, shaking her head in disbelief. "You think that I'm strong?! I called myself weak and pathetic for longer than you believe."

"But how? You're so fierce! You didn't even flinch when Aleric slapped you in the face, you didn't care to show any manners to Aro?! You call yourself weak?! I'm the one who's weak!" Carina shouted, Korashia bit her lip and watched her calculatively.

"You admit it then." The girl spoke after a moment of silence. "You admit that you are weak."

"I.." Carina couldn't find words to answer it, instead she slowly nodded, slumping on her chair.

"When I was thirteen.." Korashia began, even though Carina didn't look one bit interested. "My family was quite poor...my father was just mere cobbler earning very little, my mother didn't work and I helped her with the housework.

One day...you could say that a somewhat wealthy man saw me with my mother once, I had quite shabby clothes and looked like a stick though he still didn't care.

Then the man came to my house with his son who was twenty three or so, asking for the union between his son and I...my father rejected knowing there was a dowry...but the man actually paid him quite a lot of money.

A humble cobbler like my father saw wealth and only that so...he agreed, I barely got a glimpse of the man I was to marry before I..."

"You were sold." Carina finished, looking at her with horror and guilt.

"....I was. I didn't know what it meant to be someone's wife, other than do chores and clean for my husband, I didn't think much when he took something from me, I later realized I was violated..by him.