Ch-44 That Awkward Moment

Cera opened her sleepy eyes to the gold sunlight that managed to break in through the curtains of Calaius room.

She took a second to gather her thoughts and realized she was still in his trashed room.

She tried to get up but was pulled back by something and it held her closer. Confused, she turned to her side and saw Calaius sleeping beside her with his arm on her waist and the other on the back of his head.

Red made its way to her cheeks as she stared at the shirtless man flustered. She vaguely remembered bandaging him that night after removing the glass from his skin, somehow he convinced her to stay in his room.

Oh no....

Cera realized she was just in a mere nightgown....

She didn't know what it was even like to be touched by a man let alone be embraced by one. She had no idea on what to do, should she move away? That would make him mad, right? Or should she stay? What if he thinks that she is trying to force something on him?

Calaius groaned and streched a little and she knew he was going to wake up. Cera blushed before closing her eyes and snuggling deeper to his chest, pretending to sleep.

The blonde man yawned and opened his eyes and instantly felt a weight on his body, not too heavy though.

He looked down and pale white hair sprawled like a mop on his chest, he narrowed his eyes and pushed it away and saw that Cera was snuggling next to him.

Calaius didn't know what to think of the situation and froze. He didn't make any effort to push her away or anything but kept his arms on her.

He had absolutely no experience with a woman in all his twenty five years of living excluding his sister and mother. He never spent any time around them and devoted everything to skating and handling a business by his father.

Now there was a woman cuddling close to him and his mind was just telling him to push her away but his heart wanted something else.

A small smile creeped up to his lips. This wasn't just an ordinary woman, she was beyond special in every way. He didn't know why he chose to call her a witch, he should've stuck with an angel.

That was she what was, an angel who descended from heaven to save his family.

He reminisced about the events of the previous night where he confessed everything to her. He told a woman who had only been here for a few days what he couldn't tell his siblings for eight years.

Calaius felt lighter, as if his burden wasn't as heavy anymore now that she was there too.

Cera, in just days had brought out the light in every single one of them and Calaius now didn't like the idea of her getting her memories back or her old relatives or friends coming back to take her away.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to let her go.

Calaius, still with the smile on his face brought his fingers and ran it gently through her hair, sometimes curling it in his fingers as he closed his eyes, a welcoming silence caved in.

Cera who was groggy began to drift back to sleep as his fingers on her hair was almost euphoric. She felt butterflies in her stomach at the fact he didn't push away and wrapped her arm tighter around his waist as she was soothed to sleep.

Calaius smiled when he felt her snuggling closer to him, and placed his other hand on her cheek stroking the smooth skin with his thumb.

It was completely peaceful until two certain teenagers decided to barge in at the wrong time.