Ch-8 Pain

"Do you miss your mother?" Nahuel asked as he sat beside on a wooden log.

"Every day and night. My mates too." She smiled sadly a shot of pain pierced in her heart.

Nahuel wrapped an arm around her. "I have known your mother since I was an infant too. She taught me many things, perseverance was once of them."

She felt I tinge of jealousy at his words. Her mother never taught her any of this. It went away fast too, Nahuel was her brother and he has already been through a lot in only fifty years.

"My mates won't hurt her right?" She asked him, the last time they were all fighting and her mother hated them for being my mates.

"Why do you ask that?"

"Because she doesn't like them at all. I think she even knew them before. She told me they only wanted my powers and nothing more but I....find that hard to believe." Tears were welling in her eyes.

Nahuel didn't know what to tell them. He knew quite a bit about the Volturi from Geraltine. They were powerful and were known for having vampires with gifts and forcing them to work for the coven.

Celine was too good and innocent for this harsh and cruel world. He really wished everyone in this world was just like her. It would be peaceful then.

"What about you?"

He flinched at her question. "What about me?"

"Even if you have never known her, do you still wish to meet her?"

"I...I always blamed myself for her death. My Aunt told me she was a beautiful woman who loved me no matter who I was. Deep down, I know she still blames me for her death even though she denies it.

During the first twenty years, I wanted to die...I believed that maybe my death would lift the burden off of my aunt. But I knew better. After many times of telling myself my mother wouldn't want this, I slowly accepted it.

I want to meet her, but I know she is in a better place now than here. I still do think I'm a monster sometimes." Tears flowed down his cheeks and now Celine couldn't hold it either.

She hugged him and rubbed as he silently sobbed on her shoulders. "Never for a moment think you are a monster. You are a treasure and I know your mother agrees with me on that."

"Thank you, Celine." He smiled. In just two short weeks, he had the best sister he'd ever met. She was more of a sister and friend to him than the ones he shared his blood with.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me, although I don't regret how I behaved with you at first, I might've never looked at my life in a better way. You are the most caring and kind woman I have ever met." He wanted to add the fact that her mates were luckiest men on Earth for having her as a mate.

"Why did you stop?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. "Go on." She smirked.

Nahuel rolled his eyes and they both burst out laughing.

....

Marcus, Demetri and Felix reached the Mapuche territories in South America.

They searched every tribe and colony to no avail.

It had been a total of nine days and Marcus was losing hope. He was falling into despair and his heart aches became more frequent and more painful.

Demetri and Felix searched everyday non stop for their future Queen. They just couldn't bare at the thought of their Kings losing another person they cared for.

All the searching and hunting had caught the attention of some tribes so they had to wrap up their search soon or their kind would be exposed and they would have to massacre said tribes and any other human.

All hope was lost until they had come across one certain vampire.

His name was Joham.

....

Volterra

"It's been a week Aro! MORE THAN A WEEK!" Caius was close to pulling his hair off in frustration. He was mumbling words so fast while pacing in the throne room that not even Jane and Alec who standing close to him could understand.

"......Every day going by with nothing......"

"....At this rate, we would die of heart ache..."

".....Why haven't they even tried to communicate?...."

"....She could be in danger...that mother of her's sent her there to fend for herself...."

"...Even after she knew how delicate our Celine was..."

Aro didn't have the energy to yell at his brother. The two kings were getting weaker. Extra humans to feed wasn't working either.

At this rate, they wouldn't be surprised if they were confined to their beds, weak enough to not even move.

Sometimes the pain in their heart was too unbearable that they had to cancel trials and needed rest.

Corin's powers gave them happiness only for a few hours until the sadness creeped back into their minds.

The Volturi were begging silently for Marcus and the two Guard members to return fast.

....

Celine smiled breathlessly as a crow fell on the ground dead, with an arrow in its heart.

She heard Nahuel clap from behind and she smiled at him giddily like a child excited for a gift.

"You have improved very much in just three weeks." He looked at her with pride.

"Thank you." She grinned and pulled the arrow out of the crow and held the carcass in her hands and muttered something.

Soon the once dead crow fluttered it's wings and she laughed before letting it fly away from her hands.

That was the thing about Celine, she never actually wanted to shoot with live targets but after Nahuel suggested using her powers to heal the animal after killing, she agreed to it.

"That's enough for today. Let us go back, we are far away from the house and Huilen would give us a piece of her mind if we are late." He said and turned to walk away.

"Not just a scoldi-

Celine abruptly stopped her sentence when a sharp stab of pain pierced in her heart, a million times more painful than previous ones.

She gasped and fell on the ground. "N-NAHUEL!"

Nahuel sharply turned to where Celine was to find her lying on the floor, clutching and crying in pain.

"CELINE!" He screamed and dashed over to body that was hot as fire and she was sweating profusely, all colour was draining from her face as she screamed in agony.

"Celine, tell me what's wrong?!" He asked panicking while picking her up bridal-style.

Amidst all her agony, she croaked a few words out.

"M-y heart. The m-mate b-bond."