Ch-64 The End Of A Search

"ALMOST TWO MONTHS! TWO MONTHS! That's how long she's been out there all alone!"

Fenix shouted dropping a stack of papers on a desk with a thud.

"Calm down, Fenix."

Moira and he had been living in Ceryscathia, in Marcus' palace specifically, from the day after Claudia disappeared.

They were currently in the king's study, Marcus was skimming through reports of people who have claimed to see Claudia whilst Dean was helping him.

Hela was in her own room as she had developed a new habit of isolation and only came out to eat dinner before confining herself to her room.

"Most of these claims are downright false and absurd!" Marcus exclaimed tearing another piece of paper.

"Like what?" Moira asked.

"One man claims to have seen her with a child while another thinks she is a high ranking general." He grunted.

"Well, my Claudia is too smart and strong for a simple general." She hummed with a smile.

Marcus sighed in annoyance at the old woman, he knew that the elderly held wisdom in their words but Moira seemed to get less and less worried after each passing day.

He went back to the monotonous work he'd been doing since the past month and a half.

The day they had decided to leave Dominicia, and then he and Hela would leave to look for Claudia went entirely unsuccessful.

Marcus wanted to hit himself for thinking that the princess was stupid.

She had prepared false mud tracks that lead them to the East contradicting her actual path that was in the West.

She had also left pieces of clothing, presumably from her shirt and had meticulously placed it under a tree to make it seem like she had fallen and injured herself.

Marcus heeded Moira's words to never underestimate Claudia or any woman ever again.

Fenix had lost his mind entirely after they told her she was gone, blaming Marcus for provoking her departure and Moira for not leaving to find her sooner instead of waiting for the next day.

"I'm going to Lokriveii, she may just be foolish enough to go there." Fenix mumbled shooting up from his chair and running around gathering random papers that Marcus hadn't even got the time to read.

"You know that there is a war down there." Dean deadpanned looking annoyed at the immature and careless knight.

"Of course I know that." He scoffed in response. "Arlus doesn't care even if his sister is about to die, he is hellbent on winning the war against Acheron."

"At least Castella has come to her senses. She has started to send mercenaries looking for Claudia.

The only hole in her plan is that she didn't specify what condition that she should be brought in nor the urgency and her reward is 200 secris."

Marcus held a poster in his hand, walking over to Moira and the fuming Fenix, giving it over to the patient woman.

Moira read the contents out loud.

"The Missing Princess of Dominicia.

Princess Claudette of Dominicia is said to have gone missing on the afternoon of the 13 of November. It is suspected by the Royal Council and Guard that the princess may have been kidnapped or she had indeed planned to run away after receiving word of the complications faced by the Crown Prince at the war in Lokriveii-