Ch-50 Death, I Greet You....

"ALLAAAN!! CERAAA!! CAAALLL!!!"

Cera and Calaius abruptly pulled away from each other and their heads turned to the open door from where the screams of June came from.

The two then heard a stampede of footsteps rumbled throughout the manor along with cheers and cries of multiple men and the worst of it all, gunshots.

Caius glanced at Cera worriedly, before grabbing her hand and pulling her behind him as the two dashed inside the mansion.

Cera was hellbent on finding the twins while Caius was more focused on protecting his lover.

They rapidly crossed the West Wing of the manor where the guest bedrooms were and were now close to the parlor and dining rooms where June frequented.

Out of nowhere, a man popped up surprising them as he leapt on Caius' back but missed his mark and instead fell on the floor.

Caius pushed Cera back against the wall. "Stay right here." He ordered and didn't wait for a response as the thug got up and Caius went for the man.

The goon had a sword in his right hand as he charged into Caius swinging his sword blindly and inexperienced, it was easy for Caius to dodge the man and knock him to the floor, he kicked his shin and grabbed the pistol from the thug's satchel and shot his leg.

Cera took a sharp breath when she saw the goon being shot by Caius in the leg and then in the head and the thug fell on the ground, dead.

She saw the blood splatters on Caius' face, any sane woman who didn't understand what was going on would run but she was far from sane.

She understood why it he had to do it, it was either them or the goon and it had to be done to survive.

Caius saw Cera and his face instantly softened as he rushed to her cupping her cheeks.

"Are you alright?" He whispered.

"I'm fine, just shocked."

The dead body must have been too much for Cera. "I'm so sorry-

"No, don't. It had to be done. We need to find June and Allan." She said sternly, the twins had to be found and there was nothing more important than that.

Caius nodded. He picked up the sword and two more pistols from the thug's body and held it out hesitantly to Cera.

"You will need it to defend yourself, are you alright with this?" He asked.

"I'm alright, here." She said before taking the two pistols from his hand.

He looked at a vase held at the very corner of the large parlor."Why don't you test it on that-

Caius didn't get to finish his words when a single gunshot rang in the air and in the blink of an eye, the vase was in the floor, shattered.

Caius openly gaped at Cera who stood beside him, had her pistol aimed at the place where the vase was.

Cera also held a look of surprise on her face at how accurate the shot was, she had never even held a gun before but she could shoot perfectly.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything from your past?" Caius asked.

"No?" She didn't know how to answer that. Who was she before she ended up in here?

"You must have some sort experience in combat in your past." Caius voiced his thoughts out loud.

"Well, at least now we have an advantage. Let's go." She said and pulled his hand and dragged him to the central area of the mansion where the kitchen, dining and and laundry were located.