Ch-38 Calaius

On a cold and snowing day somewhere, lay someone on a bed of ice, unbothered by the chill that was running through their pale skin.

Their pale hair sprawled on the ice, could make anyone think that they were a sculpture from the verglas.

The coniferous trees, a protector from the full extent of the boreal weather encircled the anomaly.

The cold and harsh wind blew by their ears, their fingers twitched, they inhaled a deep breath.

Violet eyes snapped open as the first thing they saw were the flakes of snow falling down.

Panicked, they sat up. Their violet eyes desperately searching for something or someone.

In all of this, the anomaly noticed they weren't cold at all. The wind, the bed of ice, the snowflakes, none of the chill could pierce their skin.

They heard a bark of an animal followed by a light voice. They got up as they saw the paws of an animal came to their view.

"Peter!" A feminine voice yelled followed by harsh footsteps.

The anomaly braced for their protection as they saw a woman run up to the dog and froze when she saw them.

The woman took steps forward while they took steps back away from them.

The woman raised her arms in surrender.

"Wait! It's alright!"

They stopped walking, staring at the woman who was covered in dark clothing from head to toe, even beneath all the layers, she was shivering.

The woman held a hand to her chest. "My name is June. What is yours?"

Now that she asked this, they didn't know what to answer.

What was their name?

Where were they from?

How did they end up here?

They looked down at their figure, they were similar to the woman.

So 'they' was actually a 'she'.

Her pale hair almost white was like the snow, not the slightly yellowish one like June.

She couldn't see how her face looked like, her skin had a light tan on it unlike June's which was pale.

She was also more taller and fuller than the woman or girl as she looked very young.

"I...I-I don't know." She whispered and looked at the ground.

"You don't know?" June asked.

The woman shook her head.

"Do you know how you ended up here?" She asked again.

"No." Was the pale hair's reply.

June looked at the woman's clothes and almost let out a gasp on seeing she was only wearing a simple dress was so thin, she was shocked the woman hadn't froze to death.

"Here! Put this around you!" June said and pulled the scarf from her and walked to the woman.

She stepped back again and June sighed. "I won't hurt you. I just want you to be warm."

The woman didn't say anything but let the girl wrap the scarf around her.

"This will keep you at least a little warm." June smiled.

The woman's lips twitched upward thankful the one who found her was friendly.

The dog trotted to the young girl and wagged it's tail expectantly. The pale haired woman looked a bit scared at the massive size of the animal.