Ch-97 Under The Moonlight

"You could've won you didn't let your pride get in the way."

Aro snickered, Carina halted in the air and dove down to him, harshly flapping her right wing on his face before going back up to join the Ravens.

"Shut up! You don't even have wings, you penguin!" She yelled, flying past one of the huge birds, determined to at least get second place.

"Penguins actually have wings!" Aro shouted back hell bent on trying to irritate her and make her lose.

"But they don't have any use for it, just like your brain!" Carina chuckled at her own words and for a brief moment, she caught him scowl.

"Their wings can help them swim." He stated with narrowed eyes, Carina blew him a raspberry before continuing to race the Ravens with partial success.

"Know it all."

Carina and Aro's relationship was confusing at the very least, even Alicia sometimes had trouble trying to decipher. They called themselves friends, but if Matteo would try to even hug Carina, Aro looked murderous.

It was also the other way around and it was basically what one would call entertainment these days, it was actually better than any play.

Matteo and Geraltine still tried to coax Korashia into telling them what the girl had said to convince Carina to apologize, but she kept her mouth shut the entire time, making excuses to get out of the way.

What Korashia and Carina had talked about in the library was strictly amongst them and the latter took a silent oath to never tell.

It all began about a month ago, it was simple, the two of them, sharing their interests, yet nothing of their pasts, sharing favourite activities like flying and that was probably the only thing Carina liked and could do in the castle.

Then, Aro started coming into the library, with a manuscript in his hand and sat near Carina reading, she was oblivious to how sometimes Aro would steal glances at her, how he act like a giddy mortal boy, or a dog, craving for her attention.

This wasn't one sided either, it didn't matter the number of people there were in a room, Carina only saw Aro in there, one time when Alicia was talking to her about how beautiful it would be when it snowed here in a few weeks, that it would be magical, Carina eyes were always on Aro.

They really didn't need to speak to each other, they would enjoy each other company even if one was blind and the other was mute.

Carina didn't know what she was feeling, him holding her hand didn't bother her at all before, but now every time he did it or merely just graze her, she would feel as if she was being shocked.

Carina now didn't care for the race at all, his presence itself was distracting her in more ways than one. She felt like she would do anything to hear his voice.

Grinning, with so much force, she dived down towards him like an eagle with her arms flailing out. Aro could barely get any words out, he felt himself being lifted from the ground, strong wind blowing against his hair, strands flying around his face, one almost going in his face.

Carina chuckled seeing his somewhat terrified expression, it gave enough proof seeing his was holding onto her waist for dear life.

"Scared now, are we?" She grinned, turning into a full blown laugh, Aro looked adorable right now with his narrowed eyes and puffed cheeks, she honestly couldn't believe at the moment that he was an Obscurian let alone their leader.

He looked...normal for a change, the darkness would always enshrine him like a veil, but she liked the dark, preferably more than the light.

Light is pure and radiant, it is said to bring out the good in people, the right side to be on, somewhere she had already been a part of. Carina found the light to be the opposite, she was shunned by the light, even with wings, a symbol of light, she was treated like nothing.