Ch-40 Please Help Me

"Now, spin with your inner leg while using your outer leg as a pivot." June instructed Cera as she held her hands trying to do a spin.

Cera didn't know why she agreed to go skating with them in the morning, maybe it was because Allan's puppy dog eyes were too irresistible or she just didn't want to be alone Mr. Grumpy in a house.

She borrowed one of Allan's skates because June's was too small for her and they began at the crack of the sun.

They were at a small clearing, not the one June found her in the last day but this was close to the mansion and you can see from the windows.

Cera was watching the twins skate for the first hour, admiring the smooth glides and also terrified of the jumps and spins.

After a lot of coercing from June, did she stepped foot in the icy clearing. The twins, mostly June taught her how to move and glide through the ice smoothly.

After many, many face falls and slips, she finally got it and raced with Allan and won a few times but she had to admit, Allan was very skilled in it.

Then June got on to teaching her more complicated moves and that was Cera drew the line and told them it was for another day and they could go back home.

The twins told her to go ahead and that they would stay there for a while, Cera didn't want to be in the house alone so she begrudgingly stayed there and let June teach her.

And now here she was, with the girl holding both hands and trying to help her with three full spins.

"Pivot and spin!" Allan yelled as he did a perfect six rounds.

"Show off!" Cera yelled back with a glare and he laughed before performing a toe jump and she openly gaped at it.

"Cera! Focus! You want to beat him, do you not?" June asked and Cera gave him the stink eye before going back to her own training.

With the help of June, Cera did two full spins and at the third, she let go of the girl's hand gaining enough confidence to do it on her own.

She inhaled a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

She pushed her right foot to the left and bent her left knee and got both knees together for the first rotation.

With the aggression and determination, she swiftly rotated not once, twice, thrice but four times.

Allan hooted while June cheered and clapped and skated to Cera and hugged.

"You did great." The girl mumbled.

Cera smiled. "I had two amazing teachers."

She extended her arm to Allan and he too joined in.

Cera felt a sense of déjà vu when she hugged the twins as if she'd done this before with them, somewhere.

She felt the same comfort and solace and the feeling of being a mother to them hit her feelings and she laughed the silly thought off.

.....

Calaius Thorne watched from his bedroom window as his younger siblings hugged the pale haired woman.

For some reason, he felt the need to watch her skating. She was doing quite well for someone in their first try, he had to admit that.

His eyes went to a dusty box that was placed below the bed, a foreign smile came on his face. It was his old skates.

He was the one who taught June and Allan how to skate when they were merely five winters. It was one of the only things he was ever good at and he held onto it until the very people he wanted to do it for, left him.

When Cera completed her spin, the two went and hugged and held onto her like she was the last thing in the world, his heart dropped.

The last they'd ever hugged him like that was eight years ago, he didn't realize how lonely they felt until this woman somehow ended up here.

Only after one day of being here, she was able to make the two laugh and smile, made them behave their own age, not forcing them to grow up.

After one day, she was able to make them happy while he tried and failed to do the same for years.

This peculiar woman made him feel frustrated. One moment she acts all shy and flustered, then she as ferocious as a lioness.

One moment she is very guarded and isolated and the other she was very outgoing and motherly in a way.

This woman was too hard of a puzzle to solve and that was where he came in.

Calaius sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose and turned back leaving the curtains open as he sat on a chair, infront of him was his diary and a quil.

.....

Dear Mother,

Yesterday, June brought this girl she found from a clearing, the woman had no memory of who she was or what she was even doing here nor even what her name was. June named her Cera. She has pale white hair, like the moon and violet eyes like in one of those fairy tales that you used to read to me. I first thought of her as a witch and called her out loud.

She is very hard to figure out mother, like an anomaly who doesn't belong here but at the same is meant to be here. She has made a stunning impression on the twins. I have never seen the two of them this happy ever. They still believe you and father are in the New World trying to look for better opportunities for our family.

June still wonders how many dresses she will get from father, Allan still tries to steal his old clothes and tries to act all grown up, saying he wants to be a businessman like him. I still don't have the courage to tell them the truth. Please don't hate me for it. I don't know how. I don't want to make it even worse for them.

That is where this woman comes in, she just made them laugh like they haven't done in years, in just a single day. I don't know what magic she uses to make them happy, a spell or a potion or maybe it is just the aura that surrounds her that makes them feel safe and secure.

I don't know what to do with her, to send her away would devastate June and Allan and I don't want to do that to them. Should I let her stay then? In the same roof with us? I don't know if she could tolerate me? I haven't really made the best impression on her.

In other matters, the Barrons still send us threats, one that say they would plan our deaths, my mind is telling me to leave, to find a safer and better place to live with the twins and maybe even that peculiar woman but my heart doesn't want to part with this house, generations of memories stored in here that they would certainly destroy and with it our legacy too.

I know you can't answer me, like always but I need your help. With this woman, with the twins and losing our heritage.

I'm scared mother.

Please help me.

- C.T

.....

Calaius put the quil back in it's pot and sighed, his eyes drew back to the window where Cera and the twins were laughing like no other.

They looked so happy but he knew that would die down if he went there to join them.

Cera.

The anomaly that came into their lives and brought so much happiness to his family.

But at the cost of what?