Ch-26 Liars?

Celine scanned through the contents of the letter in disbelief.

The last two sentences stuck to her mind.

But what good is a Queen,

If she locks her own mother up in her own palace.

Her mother?!

She let out a cry telling herself that this wasn't true. This is some sick joke that someone was playing on her.

But what if it wasn't?

Celine's mind took her to the times where the kings had strictly forbidden her from even coming close to the dungeons.

They warned her that many dangerous vampires were imprisoned in there and some with very lethal gifts.

Her mother had a lethal gift.

So they kept her there too?

But Aro, Marcus and Caius told her that she escaped after sending her to Nahuel.

Were they lying?

Whenever she had brought up the topic of at least trying to find her, they always changed the subject or just told her that she doesn't want to be found.

Or did they force her into hiding from her daughter?

So many thoughts ran in through her mind all the way from this letter just being a sick hoax to her mates actually locking up her mother.

Celine heard the excited voices of Heidi and Chelsea coming closer.

She abruptly searched around the room for any place to hide it. It would be no use however as the maids would come and turn the bed upside down and clean.

Having no other choice, she quickly skimmed through the contents of the letter before her eyes caught the fireplace that was lit for her warmth.

She ran to it as fast as lightning and threw the envelope and the letter straight into the fireplace.

On cue, Heidi and Chelsea opened her door and entered in looking all excited and happy that made Celine wonder if they had also known about her mother.

"Celine, come on." Chelsea dragged her infront of the mirror and Heidi opened a jewellery box that had two gorgeous earrings that hung till her jaw.

It was like a pendulum with the amethyst gem being in the shape of a heart just like her necklace.

She would've been truly fascinated if not for the fact that a certain letter had come to her doorstep to ruin her happiness.

To at least show she was gratified, she put on a very convincing fake smile for the two vampires.

....

Celine was being escorted to the throne room by Alec and Jane.

They were also happily smiling at her and it made her hesitate for a moment if the two of them knew about this.

They were her children after all, they wouldn't have any part in this.

Right?