Ch-15 Who Is Celine?

After Celine's breathtaking symphony had won over the hearts of the entire Guard and certainly her mates, Marcus persuaded her to get some sleep after all the traveling.

The three kings were now in their library trying to come to a conclusion as to what Celine could be.

Aro was pacing around with a book on sea creatures. Marcus had one about witches while Caius just finished putting back a book on heavenly creatures.

"This is so frustrating." The blonde king sighed as he sat on a chair with another book in his hand.

"Well, we have to be done with it before Celine wakes up." Marcus said as flipped the page on a new chapter of 'white witches'.

"She can't be a banshee, they need human hearts and blood to survive." Aro muttered.

"Nor can she be a shifter." Marcus said.

"Definitely not." Caius didn't like the idea of his mate being a shifter.

"What creature has pale white hair violet eyes, the power to unknowingly hypnotise people and to control nature?" Aro questioned recalling everything he had observed about her so far.

"What about a fairy?" Caius asked as his eyes caught an illustration of a small water fae.

"Fairies have gone extinct since warlocks wanted them for expirements." Marcus explained.

"Celine has been in hiding for all this time. Obviously, she had been in hiding all this time by that pathetic mother of hers." The blonde pushed.

Something then clicked in Aro. "Ah! Of course! Geraltine!"

"What about her?" Caius sneered.

"She was the one who found Celine. Why don't we ask her then?" Aro grinned.

"She is a shield, Aro."

"Dear Caius, have you never heard of our Matteo before?" He raised an eyebrow.

Caius rolled his eyes and went back to reading and Marcus too.

Aro exited the library and sped of to find Matteo in the Guard's quarters. He found the shield-breaker reading 'The Tale of Apollo And Artemis' with the door to his room wide open.

"Matteo! Come with me." Aro ordered and Matteo jumped, startled but following his master without asking any questions.

The two walked to the dungeons and somewhere along their path, Jane and Alec flanked Aro for his protection.

"I need you to break Geraltine's shield while I see through her memories." Aro explained as Alec opened the cell to the mother of their Queen.

Geraltine layed on the floor leaning against the wall with her hands on her knees and her eyes closed and humming a familiar tune.

It was the same that Celine played for them a few hours ago.

"How..." Jane whispered to herself.

"What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't know my daughter's favourite songs to play?" She grinned haughtily.

"What kind of mother would you be if you kept your daughter away from her mates and let her suffer the heart aches of being so far away from them?" Aro retorted and she grimaced.

"Neither you nor your brothers are my daughter's mates and she will also find that out soon." She sneered.

Aro gritted his teeth while Jane wanted nothing more than to pounce on her.

Geraltine further taunted. "Does she know that you have imprisoned her mother and treated her like an animal? Of course she doesn't but just wait until she fin-

SLAP!

Geraltine hit her head on the floor and cracks formed around her cheeks but she wasn't surprised.

Infront of her, Aro stood fuming, inhaling unneeded breaths trying to calm himself.

"Let's not waste anymore time." He said. "Matteo."

Hearing his name, the shield breaker looked at Geraltine and emitted invisible waves of sonic into her mind and broke her mental shield and kept on concentrating to keep her from building one anytime soon.

Alec and Jane held each held her arms while Aro went and touched her cheeks.

Aro was taken far back to where Geraltine found a violet eyed little baby in her house, raising her like a loving mother- which he thought was not possible for someone like her- and gifting her the precious violin, the ballet shoes and her entire life.

And it wasn't just things about Celine that Aro had seen. It was a lot more than that.

If Geraltine was scared, she was good at hiding it.

He smirked. "We have what we need." Matteo was about to release his hold on her but Aro held a hand. "Not now, Jane!" He called.

"Yes, Master?"

"Teach her what it is like for people who mess with the Volturi." He smiled before taking his leave.

Jane, Alec and Matteo stared at her with wide smirks but they were a little thrown off when all Geraltine did was looking at them....bored.

As if she knew this would happen.

.....

"What did she say?" Caius asked as he heard Aro enter the library.

"Oh...she didn't say anything...she showed me everything." Aro hummed.

"Everything as in?" Marcus asked.

"The woman was a....good mother like Celine said but her recent affairs have been.....alarming."

"What about Celine?" Caius asked impatiently tapping his foot on the pristine marble floors.

"She has no idea.....our Celine just appeared on her doorstep...somehow." Aro said.

Marcus and Caius sighed deeply and turned to close their books and sped off to put it back on its shelves.

"So nothing. We know nothing of her." Caius declared with a huff.

"There is nothing to know about either. Celine is not dangerous. She doesn't have it in her to kill a mere animal. She hunts it and revives it." Marcus immediately went to her defense.

Caius went to correct him,"That is not what I mea-

"Then what did you mean?!" Marcus yelled.

"BROTHERS,ENOUGH!" Aro yelled.

"Marcus is right, Celine is not dangerous and Caius is also right in the fact that we do not know what she is." He was trying to mediate the situation.

Marcus glanced at the wooden clock that read ten past six. "Celine will wake up about now. I'm going to her room." He said before speeding off her room.

Aro and Caius shared a look and shrugged before speeding off too.