Ch-18 The Tale Of The Witch Twins

Celine sat on a sofa in the library leaning against Marcus who was reading her 'The Tempest' with an arm wrapped around her waist.

Caius was painting on an easel that was facing against Celine so she couldn't see and she was still a bit sour about it.

Aro was also there looking through ancient scrolls. Unbeknownst to her, he was actually researching about who she was.

Jane, Alec and Renata was there standing guard over them.

It had been three weeks since the day at the gardens and since then, the three kings never left her side.

When they had to, they would assign an entire army to watch over her.

During those times, she grew close to the Guard especially Alec, Jane and Matteo.

Matteo was far more of a chatter box that just couldn't keep his mouth shut and that was a good thing.

He spilled his backstory by the third day they had been friends for.

His birth name was Matteo Casivicci and he was born in 1454. He was very young compared to all the other vampires here.

His father was a banker who had gone bankrupt and had to marry his daughter off to a rich but violent bastard. His sister acted happy and normal and the rest of the family was oblivious to what had happened.

He soon found out that the man was having an affair with another woman and he tried multiple times to persuade his sister to leave him but she always declined.

Later when he told his father of the man, he only replied with saying the words 'it is her virtue to serve her husband in any way he needs'.

Enraged, he threatened his brother-in- law that he would leak all of his dirty deeds to the public and his reputation would be tarred.

One day, when he was walking back home at night, he was attacked by the goons sent by the bastard. He was stabbed multiple times and was left to die.

Demetri and Felix found him just in time and for some reason took pity on him and turned him.

He was brought to Aro who was unable to search his mind and when Jane entered and assumed he was a threat and used her powers on him, it didn't work and Aro took him in.

The rest is history.

Jane and Alec however, though they had really fun moment together where they would pull jokes on others, they never told her about their past and she never asked about them though she wanted to.

So here she was, right now in the present listening intently to Marcus' hypnotizing voice as he flipped on another page.

"Marcus?" She called and he hummed in reply.

"Do you think Prospero did the right thing when he forgave Antonio for betraying him instead of seeking revenge?"

"I do. When he apologized, Prospero was in peace rather than guilt or remorse which he would've felt if he had killed him."

"Even after Antonio overthrew him?"

"Because he may knew deep within his heart that Antonio was still his brother and deserved a second chance." He explained and was looking like a wise wizard while doing so.

"So, you believe in second chances?" She asked.

"I do."

"Ironic." Caius spoke up, not looking away from canvas. "Considering the Volturi don't give second chances."

"And why not?" Her innocent mind asked.

"Because the things these people have done are beyond forgiveness." He said.