Prologue

2006

"Let us be done with this." Marcus Volturi stood up from his throne as he eyed Isabella Swan, Edward and Alice Cullen with feigned interest and a slightly merciful tone.

"Heidi will be here any moment, thank you for your visit." He wanted to them to leave this place or at the very least out of his sight.

Caius Volturi on the other hand, gave them a warning. "I would advise you follow through your promise soon, for we don't give second chances."

Alice and Edward who held Bella close to him wasted no time in leaving the palace.

"Good bye! My young friends!" Aro smiled widely and clasped his hands together.

Demetri led them out and closed the door behind them.

Aro's smile fell from his face and he stood there staring at the door, revealing the sorrow beneath the happy facade as he realized what the day was.

"It's today." Marcus whispered.

Those two words were the only thing needed to remind them of it meant.
The entire throne room went silent even Jane and Alec had venom tears in their eyes. Tears that would never fall.

They heard the many heartbeats that came their way and Aro still staring at the door.

"Jane, lead them away from here. The rest of you, go feed." He ordered to his guard.

Everyone left and there was only Caius, Marcus and himself. Marcus who was still standing walked down the little steps as his eyes scanned around the room and it rested on a violin that was carefully placed in the very corner of the thrones, it was well hidden.

Marcus smiled as he could still hear the faint musical notes that some how he still remembered well after a century. A hypnotising sonata or an original by her.

"I can still hear her playing." Caius said as he too like his brothers were staring at the violin.

They could still see her playing right here in this same throne room, blushing when they applauded, smiling when she was able to lift their sadness away. Every one in this same castle was happy, but even that happiness was stripped away from them.

"It's been a century today." Aro smiled, venoms tears were building up in the corner of his eyes.

"There has to be a way." Caius was still in denial. One century wasn't enough to take away his hope. "Maybe if we look harder we can find hi-

"We are cursed, brother. Cursed to live a life full of sorrow and anger." Aro was somewhere between blaming himself for what had happened and accepting the fact it did.

"He is right. We deserve it....for what we did, Caius." Marcus was suicidal ever more than before. In his darkness, she pulled him out and it gave him the want to live on. But now she too was gone.

....

Meanwhile, Edward, Bella and Alice were being escorted by Demetri.

They all excited chatter and saw a crowd of tourists led by Heidi. She and Demetri shared a look.

"How was the fishing party?"

She smirked with one of her fangs showing which made Bella cower under Edward.

"Yes, they do look quite juicy."

"Save some for me." He winked.

"Demetri, Heidi." Jane's voice piped up from behind.