Ch-94 The Demon's Vessel

Carina couldn't stop thinking about the night under the stars from a week ago.

She was flying up in the air again, the Ravens gawking around her, soaring up the skies like a goddess observing from above.

It seemed to become a habit for her to think during the hours that were meant for sleep, her mind was plagued with Aro once again.

Carina had to ignore the knowing smirks and giggles of Alicia whilst returning, even Matteo decided to join in the fun when he and Korashia where given at least a little bit of free time.

She noticed the scowl on Geraltine's face when she told them what happened, but for some reason, her words betrayed her expressions and told Carina that it was a good thing that she was softening upto her.

Unlike the first day where she was plotting Aro's demise, now she was equal parts excited and suspicious.

Her giddiness came form the fact that he had actually allowed her fly freely now, and she thought of what other ways he would surprise her with.

Carina was suspicious as well, of his hidden agendas, that maybe he was doing this to gain something, that all of this was just a facade to gain her trust and later lure her into his den.

That night was pleasantly surprising, it was the first time she had truly felt happy in all her time in Obscuros, the only time she had ever seen a genuine smile on Aro too, something she thought was incapable of him.

Yet the thought of him being a murderer was looming in the back of her mind, that he had forcibly kidnapped her and brought her here.

But the more she thought, the more Carina realized that she never quite missed Lumeris at all, she didn't miss the people or the place, maybe her aunt.

If Carina were to be honest, she liked the dark, rich and star filled black skies of Obscuros more than the morning and irritatingly sunny skies of Lumeris.

She enjoyed the Ravens that guarded the lands, she could imagine racing them through the endless night skies illuminated by the glow of Selene.

As horrifying as it sounds, she could actually thrive here, with the murderer of her mother.

Squinting her eyes, she noticed Aro peeking out from his courtyard, smiling up at her, Carina barely felt her own lips curling upward and before she knew it, she was flying down to him.

Her wings curled around her as her feet landed like a cat on the stone ground, gracefully and lithely, it was her more than successful attempt at showing off her skills.

His impressed reaction gave her a sense of satisfaction, meeting his eyes, she once more felt her stomach doing leaps inside, her heart was pounding in her chest, she was nervous for some ridiculous reason.

"Aro." She acknowledged, with a shy smile, Carina wanted to slap herself back to normal.

"Carina." He returned, chuckling. "How do you feel flying above in the skies?"

"I may have repeated these words, more than once but..." She paused, glancing back up at the dark shimmery cloak of Caelum.

"I feel...unstoppable and...free."

Something was blooming up in Aro's chest, he was looking for a reason as to why he had not thought of it before, she adored the skies, he could've just done that in the first place.

He was curious as to what Alicia had seen, he thought the outcome of last night was better than ever, she was opening upto him slowly, and even he had to admit that his fearful facade was cracking, he hated that she was able to do that to him, but at the same time he wasn't, he actually liked himself being open around her.