Ch-34 Love Above Anger

A thundering explosion sounded throughout the castle walls and Celine and Geraltine stumbled when debris started to fall from above them.

"What's going on?!" Celine exclaimed as she moved away from the now broken chandelier.

"We're being attacked." Geraltine said and Celine turned to her in accusation.

"Is this your doing?" She glared at her mother.

Geraltine scoffed. "Do you think so lowly of me?"

"Considering what you've actually wanted to do, I'm won't be too surprised." She said bitterly.

The brunette suppressed the urge to roll her eyes and rushed to the door and literally tore it open from the walls.

Celine raised her eyebrows at her strength and Geraltine told her to hurry up.

She gathered the ends of her skirt and followed her mother. Geraltine constantly looked around for any surprise attacks and Celine had her vines by her side ready to attack.

They came across a hallway where Celine's eyes caught a portrait that was on the floor torn apart.

Her curiosity got the best of her and she went to check it out. She flipped the frame over and gasped when she saw that it was a portrait of the kings.

Aro, Caius and Marcus stood proudly infront of the wood walled background. Their signature black cloaks and the Volturi crest on their necks.

The painting was too tarnished though, there were beastly claw marks that diagonally tore through, and foot prints meaning someone had stomped on it.

Anger boiled in her at the thought on how someone could do something like this.

She needed to know if the kings and her children were safe. She turned to her mother with a determined face that made Geraltine nearly scoff.

"I need to find them."

Geraltine sighed. "They may be in the throne room."

The two didn't waste anymore time on lingering around the hallways and rushed to the throne room.

When they reached their destination, they found out it was empty. Celine groaned in frustration while Geraltine took some time to look at the throne room where she once sat in her place, between Aro and Marcus.

Of course, it was replaced. The aesthetics of the room also changed into something far more extravagant than the beginning.

She had to admit the Volturi did do justice to the place.

"They're not here." Celine whispered running her hand through her hair in frustration.

"Of course they aren't." Geraltine muttered and her daughter glared at her.

"They may be at their rooms or the library." Celine thought out loud.

Suddenly, two figures speeded in making the mother and daughter jump in surprise.

Celine turned around and sighed in relief. "Jane, Matteo." She ran to the two and wrapped their arms around them in a tight hug.

Jane and Matteo were surprised but hugged her back too. Celine was angry at them and all but now they were all in danger and her worry overpowered her anger.

"Mother." Jane whispered, happy that she was talking to her now.

"I'm glad your alright, Your Vampiness." Matteo smiled and Celine rolled her eyes and pulled away.

"Are you two alright?" She asked worriedly.

"We're fine, the kings sent us to look for you but we couldn't find you so we came back. Now, you're here." Jane smiled.