Ch-28 The Demon In Me

"M-Mother?"

Celine choked as she saw the familiar golden eyes that were now in a dark brown, the familiar waves that she loved to play with, the motherly look that just made her want to spill everything out to her.

"Don't cry, my baby. I don't want you to cry." Geraltine whispered wiping the tears away from her cheeks.

"I'm s-sorry. I'm so so s-sorry." She wanted her forgiveness for how ignorant she was and she had neglected her mother.

She wanted to thank the person who had sent the letter to her. If it weren't for them, god knows how long she would've been oblivious to this matter.

"Why are you sorry for?" Geraltine shook her head. "It wasn't your fault. It was the Volturi. They are not the same coven that I remembered creating." Her face morphed into one of anger.

Celine looked at her in confusion. "You c-created the Volturi?"

"There is much you don't know yet but yes, I was one of the founders of the Volturi along with Aro, Caius and Marcus and their wives."

"Wives?!"

What were they all keeping from her? Every passing moment she felt like her mates were just mere strangers. Was she the only one who didn't know of this? Did everyone in the Guard did too? Even Jane and Alec, her own children?

"They were my friends but that doesn't matter now. I want you to get out of this place, now." Tears of venom were pooling from Geraltine's eyes as she spoke.

Celine looked at her in disbelief. She was not going to abandon her one more time. The last time that happened she was imprisoned.

"No, of course not. There has to be a way out of here." She pulled the bars and desperately searched around for something that break it or at least the open the lock with.

Geraltine squeezed her daughter's hand and she stopped her frantic search and looked at her mother.

"There is no time for that, I have an ally in here. I'll be fine." She said reassuringly.

"Who?" She asked.

Was it them who sent her the letter?

Geraltine smirked. "Someone by the name of Apollo. If you hear this name, you can trust that person."

"Did this...Apollo send me the letter?" She asked.

"That is for you to find out, my dear." Her mother smiled.

"Did they...hurt you?" Celine whispered.

Geraltine's silence was enough to answer her question. Celine's blood boiled in anger and a newly formed hatred sprouted for everyone.

"Did they hurt you?" Geraltine asked her sternly. It was the same the other way around too, a mother would go as far as kill someone if they hurt their children, at least her mother did.

"Not physically but now...they've done more than just hurt me." She gritted her teeth.

Geraltine's eyes caught the pendant that hung on her neck. "Did they give that to you?" She asked in a sour tone.

Celine didn't realize the pendant was still hanging around her neck. She didn't feel the weight of it pulling her down to the deep depths of her sorrow.

She simply nodded.

"They shouldn't know you came here, you must go. I will be alright. I promise you." Her tone was so soft, so comfortable to listen to.

Was this how Jane and Alec felt when they heard her voice? Soothing and motherly?

"I will come back for you." Celine promised looking straight into her eyes.