Ch-86 A Fancy Dinner

A knock on the door drew Carina out of her reverie.

She was surprised to see that someone cared for her privacy, that too, an Obscurion. Her views on them were shallow courtesy to Aro.

Standing from her bed, she walked over and after a bit of hesitancy, and unfastened the latch she had closed immediately after Aro left, and pulled open the door.

Carina's eyes met the woman infront of her with hostility. She was definitely recognized the raven-haired woman from the fight. She was tall with extremely beautiful to the point where Carina, someone who could care less about how she looked, feel self conscious all of a sudden.

Carina inwardly cringed as the woman smiled widely at her, she thought that maybe this woman didn't know that she was a Lumerian for a moment.

"Can I help you..." She trailed, looking unsure of the little guest, who still didn't lose her smile.

"Ah! Mistress Lucerne! Don't tell me you forgot about the dinner with Master Aurorus." The woman looked appalled for a moment before she slithered into the room before Carina could even object.

Carina grimaced at the thought of having to dine with the man who had admitted that he murdered Heirs of the Light for a living, she was a fool to expect that he would magically forget his memory and also about this dinner.

Of course not.

He did mention that a woman would come to help her dress, and may have also mentioned her name but she could care less when all she could think about was Aro, his face was forever engraved into her head like a scar that would never fade away, his words like an earworm that not even the sweetest music could take away.

"What is your name?" Carina asked trying to incite a conversation, an effort to distract herself from Aro.

"Hyseria. My name is Hyseria." She replied softly, this woman was taking baby steps into changing Carina's perspective about Obscuros.

Carina smiled at her in return and Hyseria went back to picking out clothes from her wardrobe that even she didn't know of, not having anything better to do, she resorted to fiddling with the ends of her dress.

"Here it is! This would be perfect for the night!" Hyseria exclaimed excitedly, Carina almost flinched as the woman shoved the dress infront of her to see if it would do well.

Lumerians wore lighter colours at all times, that was mostly white, beige and light yellows, black and dark blue seemed to be almost forbidden as every object was a light colour, sometimes, people with dark hair were given looks and they would go many extremes to find a way to lighten their hair or skin.

People would go measures to look like Carina with her pale hair, yet she was shunned by many even though her wings were a sign of divinity.

So, seeing dark colours were quite a bit odd, especially dark clothes, Hyseria had presented her with grey or a smoky blue coloured dress which was delicately embroidered with gold threads, it had a cape that ran down to the floor also with delicate patterns.

The dress looked as if was meant to be stuck to her skin and she was shuddering at the thought of comfort in such a dress.

"I'll draw a bath, we need to get the blood off of your back and then I'll help you put the dress on."

"Actually." Carina interjected giving her a tight smile whilst tugging the dress from her. "I can do that myself. There is no need for you to help me but thank you."

No way in the name of Terra was she going to let this woman see her naked.

.....