Ch-10 Can't Live Without Them

Marcus Volturi heard the whimpers of his mate as he along with Demetri and Felix sped to the home of Huilen and Nahuel.

The pain in his grew less intense the closer he got. It was more of a dull throbbing now. It wasn't only for him but Celine's pain also dulled.

She slipped in and out of consciousness multiple times while she was brought back to Nahuel's house, while Huilen laid her in a straw bed and pressed a cold cloth on her forehead to soothe the pain and during their conversations.

Celine felt drowned of her strength, she barely had enough to even utter proper words other than screams. She knew she looked like a monster without needing to look at a mirror.

Why did her mother send her here? Did she want her daughter to be in pain? Or did she not know this would happen?

Celine heard loud footsteps of multiple people and she knew it wasn't Nahuel or Huilen's because they wore moccasins that didn't make half the noise these ones made.

Her pain suddenly grew less, she felt cold breezes against her skin that felt like heaven compared to hell she was just in.

What was happening?

The footsteps got even louder and Nahuel and Huilen stood by Celine to protect her from a possible enemy.

"W-ho is it, H-Huilen?" She asked through her blurry vision.

"It's no one." Was the curt reply she got and Celine was too tired to ask any thing else.

Celine then heard multiple growls coming from the door and many voices spoke at once that was all deaf to her ears but from it tones, it was all threats.

One voice however, caught her attention. One she heard only for a few moments but she would remember forever.

She weakly pushed Huilen away to clearly see this person. Her dull purple eyes met with a dark brownish red.

Her theory was true.

She smiled weakly, her lips quivering as she was on the verge of crying again. "M-Marcus?"

Marcus felt his knees weaken at her voice. One single call of his name was enough to warm his frozen heart.

He felt his own venom tears forming when he took in her appearance. She looked...dead. This wasn't the woman he saw before. His soul cracked at the sight of her hollow eyes, the tearstreaked cheeks, the deathly pale skin that was beaded with sweat.

"Is t-that you?" She croaked.

He wasted no time in nodding and pushed the man and the woman infront of her and kneeled beside her stroking her face.

"I'm here cara. I'm here." He cried in relief.

"It hurted so..m-much before." She leaned closer to him. He shifted in his place and sat on the straw bed and layed her head on his lap as he soothed her.

Huilen tried to step forward but Demetri rushed and gripped her neck. Nahuel went to save his aunt but was held back by Felix.

"S-stop. Tell them...s-stop." She whispered to Marcus.

"Demetri, Felix. Let them go." He ordered.

They reluctantly let them go but kept a watchful eye on them. Especially Nahuel. As he was the son of Joham.

Marcus wasn't angry at him. He sensed the sibling bond between the two of them and also the parental bond with Huilen.

"Step away from her." Huilen growled and Demetri was only waiting for a command to pounce on her.

"She is my mate. I have every right to be near her." Marcus said and ignored her and only focused on his Celine.

Nahuel stopped Huilen from doing anything she would regret. "He is right. Even you cannot deny that she has gotten much better with him."

Huilen wanted to retort but she bit her tongue back. She could imagine how disappointed Geraltine would be right now.

The coolness from Marcus' skin was comforting to her scalding hot one. Her pain was starting to fade away and the feeling of drowsiness came over.

"Marcus, I'm tired." She mumbled.

"Go to sleep, mia cara. I will be there when you wake up." He kissed her forehead and watched her angelic face fall asleep.

Marcus leaned back on a wall with Celine still in his arms and closed his eyes. He wasn't sleeping, more like meditating.

Felix and Demetri led Nahuel and Huilen outside to let Celine sleep peacefully.

"Our Queen will come with us in a few hours." Felix said.

"Absolutely not." Huilen glared at him.

"We weren't asking for permission." Demetri said matching her glare with his own.

"She was entrusted to me by her mother. Who might even be dead because of you."

Demetri and Felix ignored her comment.

"On the other hand Aunt, it would be more comfortable for her to be with her mates. What would we do if she has another episode like this? The time where Marcus or any other king couldn't be with her?" The human part in him made decisions with his heart while the tactical ones were his vampire side.

The two Guard members developed a newfound respect for Nahuel because of his ability to change the outcomes of situations with just mere words. They didn't if it was a gift or just his human nature.

Huilen said nothing but stormed off into the forest.

....

It was night when Celine stirred in the arms of Marcus. She readjusted herself so that she got a clear view of his handsome face.

She didn't realize she was staring at him for long until he opened his eyes and smirked and she blushed hiding her face in his chest.

A deep laugh erupted from him that brought butterflies to her stomach.

"Did you sleep well?" He smiled while moving a white strand of hair from her face.

"I did. I feel much better." She answered while staring ahead at her bow that Nahuel somehow found the time to retrieve.

"Were you comfortable staying here?"

She nodded happily. "It felt lively here, Nahuel taught me how to use a bow and to hunt. Huilen taught me how to sharpen blades and to cook."

"Celine..." He didn't know where to begin. He thought that she was taken captive or something of that sort but she was happy here.

"What is it, Marcus?" She stared at him with her now vibrant violet eyes which he adored.

"Aro and Caius are in Italy. I came here searching for you. Since I found you, my aches because of the bond have seized but that is not the same for them. Aro and Caius are having worse like you. They want their mate by them more than anything else." He explained.

"So...I need to go to Italy with you?"