Ch-49 The Dreams They Had

Cera stared at the snow falling night with a cloak draped around her as she was being held in the arms of Caius.

Right now, she felt content. At this moment there weren't any problems that threatened them or aimed to ruin their lives.

Not all though.

The threat of the twins knowing about their parents wasn't there but Cera wanted to talk to Calaius into slowly telling them the truth. She knew the easier way was to keep it from them forever at live in peace but it was best to tell them the truth, even if they would loathe them for it.

The Barrons were also a sour subject. Caius still didn't tell her what they talked about after she and the twins left and no matter how much she pestered him, he still never budged.

Then the last thing was their relationship. They were lovers, of course but in the minds of others they were married. She had enjoyed this night so much and wished for the many more to come, she was a bit insecure about how long their love would be.

She thought that Calaius could do much better with a prettier woman and someone who in their current time was considered 'wife material'.

She shook such negative thoughts away. She reminded herself that Calaius loved her for who was and if he didn't, she wouldn't change her entire self for him.

This was her.

The backtalking, smart mouthed, sarcastically sweet, pale haired and violet eyed woman who somehow won the luckiest lottery in the whole wide world.

Caius noticed Cera and her faraway expression and the change of emotions that went through her face. He noticed from the very beginning that she expressed all of her emotions through her face and didn't refrain on showing her dislike and didn't bother to put up a pretty face infront of them.

"What are you thinking about, my love?" Caius asked he gripped her chin to look at him.

"The twins, the Barrons....us." She sighed leaning her head to rest on his shoulder.

"What about us?" Caius wanted this night to be about them and not anyone else. Her thoughts should be about him and him only, this time.

"What will happen to us in the next decade, Caius?" She asked with her doe eyes that pierced his own and made his knees go weak.

Caius took a deep breath and thought of his answer. It was something he hadn't expected her to ask but it was indeed an important question.

"One day we'll get married and I'll promise to make you happy...just like you did for me...then...maybe a few children...if you're alright with that." He added the last part, not wanting to make any decisions that she was not comfortable with.

Cera's face lit up and Caius didn't fail to notice it and he smiled and kissed her head, inhaling the scent of her perfumed and styled hair.

"You want to have children?" She grinned at him, her face looked radiant like a true sun that would never ever set.

"Only if you want." He reassured.

"I've always wanted to have children, June and Allan though they're like siblings, I feel...motherly..around them sometimes."

Caius stared at her listening intently and she looked a little flustered feeling stupid when she didn't see any big difference in his expressions.

She cleared her throat. "Uhh...sorry. I am making a fool of-

Caius placed his finger on her lip.

"You are not making a fool of yourself. As for what you said...I'm glad that you would want to start a family with me one day." He pulled back a loose strand of hair that was hanging on her face behind her ear.