Ch-41 Yours Truly, Bipolar

"So, then Allan went upstairs to Cal's room and dumped water on him while he was sleeping." June said as she placed a pot of stew on the dining table.

Cera burst out laughing and almost dropped the plates but caught it and put each one in front of closest four chairs.

"Then what happened?" She asked giggling.

"Then Cal went to complain to Mama but she didn't believe him instead took Allan's side and thought that Cal was bullying him."

"What did Calaius do?" Cera asked, her mind picturing a seventeen year old Calaius with water dumped on his head.

"He threw a huge tantrum and locked himself up in his room and said he won't come out unless Allan and Mama apologized to him and bought him new skates." June laughed.

"New skates? He used to skate?" She asked. So why didn't he join them? Maybe it was because of her.

"He taught Allan and I. He was the best skater I knew." The girl had a sorrowful look.

Cera decided to change the topic realizing that this was for some reason, hard on the girl.

"What about your parents?"

June's face brightened at her words. "They're in the New World looking for a place to settle. We get letters from them every month, but we miss them. They left over eight years ago."

"That's a long time."

"I know but the last letter said that father may come to pick us up and take us there. I'm glad to leave this rotten place and I can get far away from the Barrons. You can come with us, they will love you so much."

As much as Cera loved June for being so considerate, she wanted to know why she disliked these 'Barrons'.

"The Barrons, who are they?"

June's tone was sour as she spoke. "They are a family that live nearby, we have never gotten along well. Among many other reason, the one I hate them the most for is that their son, Eric wants to marry me."

Cera winced, the thought of a girl as young as her marrying at this age was a little revolting.

Suddenly, Allan ran into the dining room and hopped onto his chair clapping in excitement.

"So what have you cooked today?" He asked pulling his googly eyes at his sister.

June rolled her eyes and Cera giggled at how obsessed he was with food but still managed to keep his form fit.

"Pea soup and garlic bread." She answered curtly while serving him a bowl.

Allan looked at the green coloured soup and gagged and scrunched his nose and looked at June and huffed.

"Peas! You just had to make peas! Why peas?!" He complained.

June pulled out the hot spatula and shoved it close to his face, threatening him with her glare. "You either eat, or you can go starve."

He gulped and nodded quickly before turning to look at his soup and went to take a sip but June smacked him on the head.

"OWW! What was that for?"

Cera honestly felt bad for the boy who had to endure his sister's wrath for god knows how long.

"Calaius hasn't come yet." She scolded. "We can't start without him."

Cera sighed. "June, he's starving. You know for sure how long the man takes to come down."

"But it's been like this for years." She said looking at the floor.