Ch-100 The Present At Last

"Ah! Sister, sent you bring one and you bring two...and a half. Such a clever girl."

Alec Volturi mused with a raised eyebrow, looking at the three new arrivals at their castle. The mind reader who tried to play Romeo, the seer who always saves the day and the very human Juliet clinging on her Romeo.

Bella Swan was more frightened to reciprocate the arrogant introduction to herself by the boy. All she could think of was the bad things that Edward had told her about the Volturi and those were the heartless and manipulative men and woman who ruled over them.

Bella looked at everyone in the room, glancing from every king to guard, not lingering for a second longer. The boy, Alec seemed to only sound amused with his words before returning to somewhat of a catatonic stupor, as if not in this world anymore.

She noticed Marcus had a similar expression but he looked worse though, he seemed to staring at something, ahead, she thought it was a wall but it wasn't.

Caius was just like how he she thought would be actually, the scowl that was tattooed on his face, deepening when he noticed her staring at him.

She didn't have to be the one to inspect for he himself decided to steer the conversation, standing up from his throne, Aro had an unnervingly calming aura that she believed was too good to be true.

"Ah! What a happy surprise! Bella is alive after all." Aro exclaimed, taking long strides towards Edward, revealing his more chatty side, without asking permission, Aro took his hand, searching through his memories. "I love a happy ending. They are so rare."

Bella could hear the tint of sarcasm yet also...sorrow from Aro. Edward glanced at Caius, reading his jealousy of the two of them but not why.

It wasn't much interesting scouring through Edward's mind, excluding Bella's ability to somehow block his mind, he would've been much more surprised if it weren't for him already knowing people with such abilities, four to be exact.

Aro saw what happened on Bella's eighteenth birthday, he didn't mean the silly paper cut, but rather what happened before, in Carlisle's study where Aro told of Celine, he was blinded about Edward's thoughts about his Queen but he could hear his words clearly.

It seemed that Edward too, believed in the mass lie that surrounded Celine's death, as much as Aro wanted to strangle Edward for thinking that, he had to thank Carlisle for keeping his secret, though he was quite curious to see how Edward hadn't figured it out yet.

Pulling away, Aro's crimson eyes bore into Edward's. "Her blood appeals to you so much..." He glanced at Bella. "It makes me thirsty."

Aro grinned, his full attention on Bella, now, as he let his hand out for her to take. "I'd like to see if she is immune to my gifts as well. Would you do me the honour?"

Bella glanced nervously at Edward, he had just explained what his power was, he could read every thought, see every memory, even ones you may have forgotten, with just a touch. If he succeeded, then that means that he would also know about her thoughts about the Queen.

Knowing they may all get beheaded today, she placed her hand on his, closing her eyes, letting him scour through. Aro pulled away, looking disappointed for a moment before covering it up with his smile.

"I see nothing. I wonder if she is immune to all our powers. Jane." He ordered, gesturing his guard to the puny and pathetic human.

Edward looked at the girl in alarm, and yelled running over to stop her, but he was too late. "No!"

Bella watched as Edward convulse and writhe in agony at the power of Jane. "That is enough Jane." Aro calmly intervened.

Jane looked at Bella, her voice sickly sweet, Edward's was just a mere little test in her opinion, a human's screams would be more fruitful to say the least. "This may hurt just a bit."