Ch-62 Loyalties Of A Knight

Claudia awoke, startled.

She still hadn't got accustomed to waking up infront of a stoked flame, it was like a jump scare.

She sighed, getting up, her body now less sore from sleeping on the hard ground.

Today was the day she needed to find a new shelter, something more durable and permanent and could last through the winter.

"Good morning, Bella." She smiled to her only companion, petting her head, the horse snorting in response making Claudia laugh.

First things first, she needed to scrape her tally marks off the tree bark, she walked to the tree bark, counting all the days, brief moments of what happened each day, mostly her second day where she almost felt that she was caught but that was just a scare.

It was now 42 days in total.

She took an arrow head and made deep scrapes and sratches, a huge chunk of the wood coming out, she could use the extra space in the wood to count more days.

Claudia then went to check on the bear pelts, satisfied that it dried completely and was wearable, it had a very faint odour of blood but ensuring her warmth was more important.

It was like a second cloak of sorts, her first wasn't as warm but with this one, she felt able to last long hours in the cold without getting frostbite.

Of course, she needed a new home too.

Trying to cover her tracks was a tough job especially when she had lit a fire, the ashes left behind were tough to clean but she managed.

The leftover meat from last night was her only food at the moment and she had nothing to feed Bella, there were little to no fruits in this place.

If this was the case and if she couldn't get more food for the horse, then she would have no choice but to end Bella's misery.

But Claudia felt sick at the thought of losing her only companion. Bella had been with her for most of her wild life and she didn't want to lose her.

After making sure everything was alright, Claudia hopped on Bella's back, she looked back at her now former shelter.

"I'll miss this dastardly place." She muttered, lightly kicking the horse's side to a gallop.

Claudia had less than a week to find something permanent.

....

The day after Claudia's disappearance, Marcus, Moira, Dean and Fenix who was being supported by Hela stood in the throne room of Queen Castella.

Impatient could used to describe Marcus and Fenix, worry to Dean and Hela while calm to Moira.

Queen Castella sat on her throne with her wine pitcher on her hand as she nonchalantly took a sip from it, her eyes looking disinterested at the little group infront of her.

"So?" She asked, her eyes uncaring.

"So?! Your daughter is missing, and you don't even have an ounce of worry in you?" Marcus exclaimed.

"It was my daughter wish, wasn't it?, she wanted me to respect her wishes, right? Wasn't that what she wanted?" She retorted dryly.

"She's your daughter! This is not the time to be pessimistic, Castella!" The king of Ceryscathia was beyond angry now.