40. Fawn Brothers

A/N: Happy New Year's everyone!! I hope everyone is going to have a great start to the year. 

_________________________________________________________

Another week has passed, that means we've spent 2 weeks here in Yokohama village.

The project is coming along really well and I'm halfway done, I haven't implemented the magic for it yet as I don't have barrier magic so I had to improvise and modify the device so that I could amplify my space magic that will be inserted into this clear mana crystal.

The mana crystal will be able to hold my magic as the device will need spatial magic to run.

The problem is when the mana crystal runs out, since I won't be here at the village all the time. I won't be able to recharge the crystal, I'll have fond another way for it to be fixed.

While fiddling with the mana crystal a thought crosses my mind, what if someone in the village is able to use space magic?

It would solve the issue and the project can continue without a hitch, I must go see Uncle now.

I flick the mana crystal in the air as it falls I turn to walk out of the inn and proceeded to Uncle's place.

The moment the crystal is about to drop to the floor it vanished leaving a slight ripple.

I'm now at Uncle's place and as usual I contact him through the telepathy skill I was able to master. And walk through the door, yes I mean literally walking through their wooden door. I'm able to manipulate the density of an object allowing me to warp it and walk through with ease. Though the same thing could be done with a portal but it requires to much mana and concentration. Plus, I couldn't really be bothered.

Why?

Well, that's because my thoughts are preoccupied by where Lucifer might be. He's been to suspicious lately, when he left before we came here, his words were, "I'm going to be away for awhile."

I had asked why, as it was to abrupt.

His response was that of, "I'm going somewhere far."

He completely dodged the question of why and instead told me something useless. So, I persisted I knew his character best after all I've met many bad liars in my life. Be finally gave in but what he said next immediately made me cautious and alert, he had said, "I'm going to prepare a gift for Scarlett's birthday."

He said is so well that I could almost buy it except for the fact that one Scarlett doesn't even know her own birthday and two she would never tell him when she hasn't even told me. It let a bad taste in my mouth that he was using Scarlett's feelings for him to make a seemingly pure lie. I hated these types of people, though it's pretty hypocritical for me to say that as I do it too. Yet I still can't stand it, I'm not a good person and I don't think of myself worthy of others affection, so I never do it unless it's the last option and even then when I do it, I feel extremely guilty and horrible. But looking at people like Lucifer who do it without batting an eye with a seemingly innocent smile I can't help but want to throw a punch or at least beat them up to the point where their unrecognizable.

Sadly, I couldn't do it so I forced myself to stay calm and put on my most gullible face while teasing him.

Each word made me want to stab him even more but I still held back, once he was gone I even went to the training grounds and had blown up some targets.

I think I might have overdone it as I was then later banned from going near the training grounds. I felt very bad for causing such a scene but at least I got to release some steam.