24. What lies ahead?

It's been 3 hours since Lilith and Felix had left the academy, they just arrived at Dalwi which was one of the main towns outside the kingdom of Yuriki.

They were freely walking around the streets looking for any supplies on display in stalls and shops, the streets were bustling with activity and as they came to the flowing fountain at the town centre were little children chased each other around laughing happily.

And as the two drew nearer, one of the small children came up to Lilith and asked her "Do you want to play with us?" while stretching her hand out. Seeing the cute girl, Lilith could help but agree, placing into her hand in the girls and letting the small girl pull her along to the other children who were waiting.

The sight brought a smile to Felix's blank face, as he watched his fiancé running and chasing around the fountain, smiling brightly while playing with the children. He was happy that Lilith was slowly becoming more happier and open with her emotions and letting others see her real-self, and he was thankful that he had the chance to be part of her life.

And as Felix continued watching his happy fiancé, Lilith enjoyed herself playing with the children of the town. Lilith who was playing tip, and switching to dancing had never felt so carefree before, and as she danced with the children a group of street performers started playing music for them, as the children skipped and twirled with each other going from partner to partner.

It was then did Lilith notice that Felix had been surrounded by other women trying to talk to him. Seeing her look over, Felix immediately walked over towards Lilith bowing before her before politely saying "My dear fiancé, would you care for a dance with me?"

Lilith responding curtsied before placing her hand in his outstretched palm, "It would be my pleasure."

Without missing a beat Felix grasped her hand and pulled her towards the playing musicians, twirling her and just spinning around and having fun with dancing children and adults around them doing the same. The whole town centre was filled with dancing citizens no matter their status, all enjoying the beautiful music and happy atmosphere.

Due to this happening, Lilith's mind was completely distracted from her current issue which caused her to worry and stay blank ever since she found out. All her energy had been drained and she wasn't at her best but now that her thoughts were taken off from her current issue she was finally able to relax, smile and enjoy what was happening around her. It made her feel refreshed and clear-headed, now that she was having fun and a break from everything.

It was a long awaited break that she needed ever since she had started her training with her father 10years ago.

She knew it and so did Felix, he had been concerned about her ever since this morning when he saw her extremely silent and tired state. And seeing her now made his heart feel full and happy just being able to witness her genuinely smiling with no worries or uncertainty that he saw this morning. He made a promise to himself ever since he saw her rare but beautiful smile that he would protect and cherish her so that she could smile like that everyday, no matter how long it took. And slowly his promise was becoming true, Lilith had been slowly opening up since meeting him and was more willing now to talk to others with her problems though it was to an extent it was still something and for now he was content.

He didn't want to push her and he felt like she didn't need to be pushed into something as she was doing fine and it was better for her that she went at her own pace and if she got stuck or lost he would help support and guide her.

Surprisingly after they danced with the people of Dalwi a small boy covered in dirt patches came up to them. He gave a light tug on Lilith's white cloak slightly dirtying it in the process, "Umm, pretty lady can you help me?"