33. The Boss's night visit

Entering the countless boutiques, Lilith enjoyed her time in the town and before long it had already reached noon.

It was then that Rowan suggested that they take a break and have lunch at the Florae Café, once Lilith stepped foot in the café, she was left in amazement at the beautiful décor of the building, it resembled an enchanted garden with fairy waiter and waitresses flying all over the place delivering food.

It was then a handsome waiter came up to them and had elegantly greeted the two, "Welcome Sir and Miss to the Florae Café, would you like to follow me to your seats."

"Yes please, thank you," Lilith said happily with excitement as if she was a small child at a candy store. Her response gained a chuckle from Rowan as he quietly followed taking note of Lilith's unusual happiness.

Once Lilith and Rowan were seated the waiter just told them to ring the bell when their ready, before excusing himself to receive other guests. It took them a short while to decide on what they wanted to order and once they had done it the room was enveloped by a weird silence.

Lilith was the first one to break the silence as she looked up from her already delivered floral teacup, "Hey, Rowan."

Hearing his name he looked up to meet Lilith's gaze giving an 'I am listening' response, "Hmmm?"

Getting the all-clear, Lilith began saying what was on her mind, "You know back there when you said that we had to protect this place...I sort of understand why I have to but why do you?"

"..." Rowan remained silent for a short while before looking away from her and saying, "It's because I'm a Redthorn."

"Because you're a Redthorn? That's why?"

"Well, essentially yes. I'm the head of the Redthorn clan who had founded this whole isle to protect not only our people but those who sought peace and safety. It's always been the Redthorn's who had guarded and protected this place even at the cost of our lives we are willing to throw it away for this is our land, this is our home and these are our people."

"...That's quite an admirable thing to say and do..." Lilith said cautiously as she wasn't too sure how she should respond after hearing his explanation.

"Hmm, not really it's our duty and belief. It needs not to praise as this is what we should do." Rowan said uncaringly giving a light shrug before asking, "It's your first time here, so how was it?"

"huh?"

"How was it here? Do you like this place?"

"Oh, yes I do. It's truly a unique experience for me that I never wish to forget. I never thought that it would be possible for so many mythical beings to co-exist together so harmoniously, it's like a fairy-tale coming to life." Lilith said with a smile, these day's she thought that she had become more human with her expression of emotions through various interactions being like those she saw throughout both her past and current life. To be honest she was actually not hating the idea of becoming more human and having more nice memories with people she knew.

But due to Lilith being consumed by her own thoughts she missed Rowan's bizarre reaction to her words, "Fairy-tale?" Rowan quietly muttered to himself in confusion, his brows knitting together in intense thought. 'Nothing in this world had mentions of fairy-tales that Lilith spoke of...so what did she mean?'

When the waiter came to serve their food, Rowan put away his thoughts and suspicions as he knew it wasn't the right time nor place to think about this and instead focused on the meal and the outing with Lilith until they returned back to the Redthorn Estate. Where he would continue to investigate.