16. Game on!

Today's the day.

I'm attending the Academy of Magic, Epiphany Light Academy, but due to the request of King Dalias, I didn't participate in the debut when I reached the age of 6. So, technically I haven't debuted into society yet...

And this action caused many rumour's to surface about me, most being that I was useless, ugly a total disgrace compared to my lovely, beautiful sister. These rumours honestly made me question the stupidity of society, but I wasn't too bothered as my family was more upset about it than I was. Felix on the other hand was extremely happy and glad that I didn't mind them as he saw it as a good way to keep all potential love rivals away, which I found a little funny.

Overall it's really was a strange predicament, the only problem was that many girls were extremely upset that I was betrothed to prince Felix, even when the whole kingdom was afraid of him, it didn't stop the girls from swooning in his presences as he was indeed very handsome and had great power.

Which I don't have a problem with, besides the fact that they hate me because he was extremely cold and indifferent to every female he met, clearly drawing a line between them. With the exception of me...he only showed interested in me and would make time for me no matter how busy he was and many girls felt infuriated that a supposed ugly, useless girl caught the eye of a prince. This gesture of his was part of his attempt to win me over and had occurred ever since we were little, it really left a deep impression of him in heart, so I finally accepted his advances of allowing him to court me properly...

Anyways as of right now though, I'm currently in the headmaster's office as requested upon my arrival. I was informed that since they were unclear of my skills and abilities, they were going to put me through an examination to determine what area I would be in and classes I would be attending.

The school's system is a little special, every student is to take classes in magic but other classes aren't mandatory. Such as Swordsmanship and Combat, Knighthood, Horseback, Archery, Literature, Languages, Painting, Dancing, Music, Business, Politics, Strategies and War. 

There are also departments for these classes being that of the Department of Magic, Department of Combat, Department of Art, Department of Culture, and the Department of Societies.

Each department is ruled by a Headteacher and a student director, though the headmaster does have the power to over-rule everyone. The student council at the academy, only rules over the student body from all years that also means the student directors but the student council are only for seniors whilst the student directors can be from any year.

Coming back from my gathered thoughts, I felt a weird chill in the room as I wait silently. Someone was monitoring me...and have been for a while now. I sneakily look over at the far right corner of the room, judging room my small analyse of the room when I entered. The design of the wall which had originally been cut of at a 3rd in the corner of the room was now cut in half, someone was their currently and didn't seem to notice their mistake. They were watching her silently whilst placing an illusion or closing spatial area with their magic.

I wonder what they are watching me for? I thought about it quietly concealing the fact that I had already discovered the watcher and continuing as if I wasn't aware of their presence.

This went on for a while until I gave up, sitting still in a chair without moving was honestly so boring that after 3minutes I was done. I had enough of the person's staring and finally broke the long silence.