39. A New Little Brother

What to do...

What to do...

It's been a week since we've been helping the village defend against the demonic beasts. As expected they weren't much of a threat as they started out quite low levelled but as the days progressed larger groups of demonic beasts started attacking.

Groups which were lower level demonic beasts started changing to ones of mid level, it was beginning to become a problem as the groups grew larger.

The Blue Moon mercenary group joined in "defending" and it was...ah...

Very stressful?

Once they started joining us everyday we started to build a contest to see who could take the most out and to be completely honest, it was rather entertaining.

Most of the time it was Braylon and Rowan doing the most clearing as I was busy fiddling with my pencil as I drew up ideas in my notebook. I've grown a habit of drawing my plans and ideas on paper before bringing it to life, you could say that it was just like a blueprint you would see back in the modern world. Inside it held all my detailed drawings for the barrier and the device that would be used to stimulate it and beside each drawing was a short description either about it's purpose or further explanation of it's design.

Sadly, I guess my efforts were deemed as useless as it seemed that in the eyes of many I was just being useless while my team mates were doing all the work.

I didn't mind the constant snickering and insults from the villagers and the Blue Moon group, as Rowan, Braylon, Archie and the village head knew about my plans and were pretty positive about it.

It was rather funny to see how surprised the village chief was when I had explained my idea along side the plans for it.

It also seems like Archie has grown rather fond of me lately, he's been following me around wherever I go with his usual bright smile.

I decided to let him help me with the project as he seemed to be really interested when I first discussed about it with his father, I never knew someone's eyes could shine at the mention of a word until then. It was again really adorable, Archie was such a naïve, smart and cheerful boy and it was hard not to like him.

I don't really know the exact reason why Archie has left such an impression on me, maybe it was due to the fact he reminded me of someone back at the Organization.

I had treated the boy back then as my little brother as we both were from the same orphanage, it like we only had each other. It was just us against the world yet sadly he died when they took him to the lab...

Looking at Archie's smiling face I couldn't help but to suppress the sadness I felt in my heart as I didn't want him to see. I want him to continue smiling just like Little Ollie did before he passed...

Maybe my silence went for to long as I heard Archie tug my sleeve and ask if I was okay. It's been awhile since I remembered Oliver, but it didn't feel bad.

Maybe the memories I had locked away from fear that I would break down could finally be accepted.

"I'm alright, Archie. Are you bored?" I asked softly, as I went to pat the top of his head gently.

"No! I'm not bored! I have Older sister here with me so nothing's boring." He exclaimed with his signature grin.

This boy...he's been calling me older sister for awhile now, he seems to really care for me and now I'm feeling the same way. I want to protect him, in hopes to repay Oliver who I failed to protect.