30. Redthorn Isle

Drinking the cup of tea, she looks up to meet his eyes which were watching her in interest. "So, how is it?" He politely asked setting down his empty cup.

"Taste fine," Lilith responded plainly, without taking her eyes off the rippling tea in her cup.

"hmm..." Rowan thought looking intently at her while contemplating something.

"What?" Lilith asked looking up but once she had lifted her eyes to face him she was left in shock.

"What the- Who are you?" Lilith asked confused at the handsome man in front of her, he had short slightly messy black hair with beautiful amber eyes, his skin was a light pale tone, and had a perfectly carved face though his expression was one of boredom.

"Hmm, do you not like my human form?" He asked bluntly leaning his face on his right hand and cocking his head to the side.

"oh, so this is your human form. Well, it looks good you have a nice face." Lilith said honestly giving her approval while sipping her tea, no longer holding any emotions of shock or confusion. She had a look at him and was initially surprised by him as his whole temperament had changed, there was no longer the charming, mischievous, flirty demon from before now who sat before her was an elegant, aloof, serious yet still charming man.

To her reaction, Rowan just chuckled and shook his head with a what am I going to do with you smile before speaking what he had wanted to say to her, "I bet you have some questions for me. So, I'll give you a deal, how bout for every question you'll have to do me a favor?" He said looking at her with his eye's gleaming. Without hesitation, Lilith agreed as she really did have a lot to ask him though now that she would owe him a favor it was a better option than having another missing lead to the unknown boss.

Seeing her agreement he waited for what was going to be her first question, though he knew what she was going to ask.

"I have three questions for you, the first What is this place Redthorn isle?"

"Ah, starting off easy, huh." He said smirking before answering her question, "The Redthorn isle is a secret country hidden from the rest of the world, lurking in the midst of a thick poisonous fog where if anyone tried to enter their fate would only be death. This isle belongs to the lost and forbidden clan, Redthorn. And as so the only people who can enter are those who the members of Redthorn wish to let enter. Your next question?"

"Who are you, Sir Rowan and what business do you have with your boss of yours?"

"Who am I?" He repeated surprised at her words his eyes slightly widening from shock but then returning back to normal and answering, "I am the clan head, Rowan Redthorn and I'm just one of the bosses backers though I have no business with him directly I decided to take the request of capturing you, Miss Lilith."

"...Does it count as my question if I ask why you took up the request of capturing me?"

"hmm...yes."

"Okay then, I have one more question back at the ruins you said I had met the boss before. You know something about them, don't you? So, my question is who are they?"

"hmmm, I knew you would ask that. It's such a shame that I can't answer you as I would love to see how things would progress but sadly we're out of time today," he said helplessly without guilt for not answering and instead moving towards the study's door and opening it. He waited there waiting for Lilith to walk closer into the hallway before saying, "Maybe another time." and closing the door behind her.

It was then when Lilith had heard the click of the door did she wake up from her trance and whisper, "you cheating demon," whilst biting her lip angrily completely unaware of a certain butler who had approached her.