27. Not worthy to be Queen if words aren't kept.

~Narrator POV~

After trudging through the thick vines and the littered floor the three of them all arrived at the site of Eterna Ruins.

The place was dated back centuries ago, where a gifted serpent speaker created a home for his friends the spirit beasts of the land alongside his partner dragon serpent they created and lived together in peace. It was then he was given the title 'The Serpent King', but that didn't last long the serpent king had been brutally murdered by the invasion of the north. The invasion from an unknown clan from the North wrecked havoc upon the land but somehow Eterna stayed hidden from all the chaos, shrouded in mystery and secrets barely know to man.

Eterna's Serpent Temple stayed hidden from the world for centuries slowly the entrance to the centre of Eterna eroded away leaving no signs of its existence left.

So how could they have found it without trouble? That was all dew to Coraline, she is a direct decedent of the mysterious serpent speaker who created Eterna a place where spirit beasts could live in safety and seclusion from the world. And as a direct descendant, she has the ability to access the barrier placed around Eterna which protects and hides it from the world.

And as of right now our three adventurers are about to encounter their first problems...

~End of Narrator's POV and the start of Lilith's POV~

"Look up ahead guys! We're here! It's Eterna's Abandoned Ruins..." Coraline yelled excitedly as she stares up at the golden gigantic temple before her.

'Geez, whoever made this sure had a lot of assets to waste, who in their right mind would use REAL GOLD! To build a temple...' I thought analysing the structure and material of the temple.

Unknown to me and Felix an unknown voice boomed through the forest, "Coraline Help Usssss..."

And responding to it's call Coraline, herself was stunned as if the voice just now was a siren ringing loudly in her ears.

"Hey! Coraline are you okay?" I called trying to get her out of a weird trance.

Without hesitance or a reply, Coraline headed straight for the entrance, not waiting for Felix or me who were calling out behind her as we followed her every step, confusion written on both of our faces.

"Where are you going, Coraline?" I asked reaching for her hand to pull her to a stop.

"I'm going to help." She said stubbornly with clear determination in her eyes.

"What? Help? Help who?" I said puzzled, "there's no-one calling for help. So who are you going to help?"

"I'm helping him..." Coraline continued stubbornly before going silent again, completely lost in another trance, "Golden Ruby Python, what do you mean by following my heart?"

"Hey!" I yell trying to gain her attention again, "Snap out of it."

"I need to go help him." Coraline snapped before quietly pondering on the Gold Ruby Python's words.

'She's going to help the python? But what is going on with her? Is the python secretly communicating with her? And what about her words just then "Golden Ruby Python, what do you mean by following my heart?"...

Then it hit me, the pocket-watches message, "Thou who seeks to end all has risen from the west, and sought out for glory where the treasure of the lost lies. Death wrecks those who are weak but if one hearts seeks shall it appear."

The line 'one hearts seeks shall it appear' wasn't referring to me but to Coraline...

Coraline may possibly be the key to figuring out the compass's message. So if she wants to help I'll do anything to help her, "Hey, Coraline...I think I know what the python your hearing is talking about..."