38. Yokohama Village

Strangely, it was one of the best nights rest I had ever since staying with Rowan and Braylon.

I woke up yawning and stretching as it had become a habit of mine. I needed to wake up otherwise I guarantee you I'll be sleeping till the afternoon.

"Seems like you're up now."

I turn my head to see who had spoken, a sudden thought flew by. Wasn't that the same voice I heard back in the illusion?

Huh, it turned out to be Rowan's voice that I heard...

Tsk, great does that mean my escape was due to him...hmph I refuse to believe that after all I did seal that thing and I completed the task all on my own too.

"Hey, hey Lilith? You there?"

I snap out of my daze to see Rowan's hand moving up and down in front of my face.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry about that. Anyways, you need something?"

"Ah, actually yes. I hoping if you could explain what had happened last night as both Braylon and I don't recall much."

"Okay. So, about that when I broke through the illusion, it seemed to have effected the spirit as after I broke out he was holding his arm as an injury appeared. My guess is that I broke his power link forcefully off me and so it received backlash. That backlash helped in weakening it so that I could easily defeat it."

"Hmmm, okay...but what happened to us?"

I didn't even bat an eye and just told them what had happened, "Oh, you two were distracted in the moment I broke free so the spirit casted an illusionary spell on you two. My guess to the reason why you guys didn't wake up until now is that it has something to do with how I defeated the spirit. Meaning that the illusion you guys were under broke but it caused the two of you to be unconscious."

My explanation was logical while also said with confidence, no one would believe me if I told them this was a lie and it was simply due to one thing...

That I was and am an expert in the field of deceit.

I could mask my inner thoughts and emotions to the point where even if someone used magic to read my mind they wouldn't be able to.

In other words, I was a god at lying and acting.

Looking at my earnest expression I could tell he bought it, though I could see a glimmer of caution hidden in his eyes I just smiled like I normally would. Actually, I wanted to ask a question myself, how did the two of them managed to enter when they didn't come along with me? I was feeling very sceptical at the two and I had many doubts about them but since I couldn't blow my cover yet I decided to keep quiet and feign ignorance.

After the "interrogation", yes I'm calling it that as I know fully well that he was trying to get information out of me like someone would through the method of interrogation. Anyways, after we all finalised everything we left the hotel and again headed to our next location the Spring!

The Spring that we are going to was located in the east, apparently the hot spring actually is in the mountains and that a small village was located at the base of said mountain.

I heard that the place looks the most beautiful during winter and spring, ironic huh. But it's true, it's said that cherry blossom trees are located around it and in spring the flowers blossom and make the place more enchanting. The place And tasks sounds much more relaxing and easy to fulfil then the last one, so we teleport over there.

And just like the stories of this place said, the Yokohama village looked absolutely ethereal during the winter as light snow covered the ground and scenery. The shining sunlight hitting the snow created a radiant glow that lit up the whole place, it was simply breath taking.