17. Pass or Fail?

The bright light shining through the large glass windows painted the room in a serene shine upon them. Before her stood four powerful figures who looked otherworldly in the daylight's light embrace, it was a picture-perfect shot from heaven.

But Lilith didn't know the same thoughts were surfacing in the four heads, sharing one thought in mind that the child before them stood there with confidence and pride looking like an angel in the shining light.

The silence was broken by the headmaster as she spoke a spell to cast the start of the examination. All but the headmaster now stood before her, each overseeing one exam each.

It seemed that the first one was going to be Professor K's, as he stood in front of the 2 and announced to Lilith, "Your first test, examinee Lilith is a simple written exam, you have 45minutes to finish. You may start now."

Immediately a chair, desk, paper, and pen appeared before her, without hesitating Lilith started answering the questions, one by one they were completed neatly and quickly. Though it was getting tougher by every question, the test looked as if it wasn't going to end. Every time she would finish a page it another would show up, Lilith came to the conclusion that the test was rigged and the only way to pass the test was to figure out the loophole or to break the loop. She sat there seemingly continuing answering the questions but in actuality, she was looking for clues or any mistakes that would hint to breaking the loop, without the use of her magic. As she wanted to keep her profile lowkey and out of trouble, and after minutes more of continuous searching her long-anticipated "mistake" showed itself.

Fully knowing that the castor of the illusion spell, Professor K, himself would eventually make a minor mistake as he tried to keep the illusion up whilst she was continuously answering questions like a machine. He would have to consume so much energy trying to hold on to the perfect illusion and the continuous papers, for any human they would eventually make a mistake not to mention Professor K, no matter how good you are no living being has that much energy to cast high-level spells for a long period time.

And finally, he slipped up, it took longer than her calculated time but she still managed to spot it and target it with her air magic as it was a relatively common magic affinity her image wouldn't change from useless trash. The use of applying her air needles to create pressure on the opposing castor, Professor K, leading him to collapse his illusion, where now the real test paper lay in front of her. And just like it never happened Lilith continued answering the questions without noticing the weird look Professor K gave her as he observed her movements still internally shocked that she broke his spell without his notice, he really underestimated her and her scary analyse ability. The first time he thought he gave himself away and that she was just lucky to notice but this time she proved his theory wrong and continued to surprise him with her capabilities.

"45 minutes are up. Examinee Lilith has passed in the Written Exam. You may proceed to the second exam." And as he finished his words the desk a chair she was on disappeared. Replaced with a potion station full of equipment used for potion concoctions. Lilith stared at the station before her, she wasn't experienced in making concoctions, she could identify the herbs back in her previous life but these herbs aren't ones from her previous life. A voice broke her trance, with her attention-drawing towards the young woman who had spoken, "To continue please drink the small vile before taking the second exam," Miss Woods said warmly with a smile.

Looking at the purple liquid within the small glass vile, Lilith had feelings of unease, she New that the concoction was poisonous, she could tell from the smell. She was hesitant to take the concoction as she didn't know how she would make an antidote until Lucifer's voice came through "hey little girl, it'll be alright. Take the potion, But remember to only take half of it. Use the other half and mix it with my spirit water. You'll have your antidote but the problem is that they can't find out about it, if they do they might use you and manipulate you to do their bidding. So be incredibly careful and cautious, use your spatial magic to alter the space around you to make it seem like your making the antidote, I trust you have the ability to do this little girl." Lilith remained silent as she listened in, quickly digesting his words. Following his words, she slowly drank half of the vile before her and remaining silent as she waited for the test to begin.