32. The home of mythical creatures

*Lilith's POV*

Its morning and I had received a knock at the door. Expecting that it was Austin, I make a move to get out of my bed and just casually say, "Come in."

I snuggle deeper into the warm blanket as here on the isle it was winter time and it was freezing. I couldn't see anything since I was in the blankets but I heard footsteps. Someone was making their way to me, I was curious to who, so I poked my head out of the side and once I did I was surprised to see Rowan.

Through my shock, the room remained silent with him staring at me. A few seconds passed with Rowan looking at me and then beginning to smirk, "pfft, you look like a worm."

Hearing that I felt a rush of warmth to my head and immediately withdraw back into the blanket to hide my burning face.

This is so embarrassing, why did he have to come in and see this? Why? why? why...now my image has been ruined.

Only Leona, mother, father and Eli, knew about this. And now he found out too.

I could practically see the big mocking smirk ad he spoke, "I would've never guessed that the mature and dignified angel would be like this when waking up." His voice contained bits of laughter and teasing though it was slightly muffled by the blankets.

"Why are you here, Rowan? Where's Austin?" I cry loud enough for him to hear me.

"Oh, it's quite late now so I came to get you because Austin was busy dealing with Braylon."

He said it so lightly but I knew there was something more meaningful in his simple and light words. I didn't probe further and got up, heading over to the closet to pick out a simple yet pretty white long sleeve dress and a long beige coloured hooded coat with white fur trimming. It was tied together at the front with a cute beige ribbon.

After getting changed in the closet, I walked out to see Rowan waiting on one of the couch seats I have in the room. "Let's go, you want to go out to town don't you?"

Nodding my head I started to follow until I forgot that I hadn't fixed the bed, when I turned to go Rowan seemed to know what I was going to do and said, "don't worry, i had already done it when you were changing."

He continued walking towards the dining room, without looking back.

After eating my breakfast and hearing Rowan's rules about going out and agreeing to them all. We got into the carriage that was waiting outside and headed off to town. In the carriage, we were silent as I kept looking out the window whilst Rowan was reading one of his books. It was only until we were quite far from the estate that Rowan suddenly asked for my hand. Confused by his request I looked at his outreached hand and slowly put my hand in his. Rowan then started mumbling whilst closing his eyes, it was then that a red light flashed before dimming and leaving a glowing red thorny rose in my palm.

I stared at it in amazement, this was one of the protection spells I had heard about.