42. Saving the Spring pt 1

Jumping out from the hole I land perfectly on the snowy ground. Hearing the light crunch of the snow beneath my feet, I assume I'm at the base of Yokohama mountain as I'm pretty sure Archie said that the rest of the mountain was protected by their families spell.

Blegh, I hate feeling sick after going through these stupid holes!

After 2 minutes of resting, I finally could get up and move. Now then, let's find this barrier.

Starting off by following this convenient path that so happens to be here. I happily make my way up the path, occasionally skipping and watching the beautiful flower petals fall completely forgetting what I came here for until...

Bang!

I smashed into something and harshly landing on my butt.

I look up to see that I had just passed the red gate but there was nothing in front of me. "Ah, I must have hit the barrier. Great, now I just gotta get the crystal out and pour some of the magic into the seal...wherever it is." I gently muttered to myself while holding my chin and analysing where the best possible places for the seal could be.

Looking around, I notice a not so noticeable tree. Well, technically there was two of them, they were both exactly the same...

They felt the same.

Had the same trunk pattern.

Gave the same noise as I knocked at it.

They had the same leaves, and even the placement of each leaf was the same as the other.

And even the roots at the bottom of the two trunks were in the same placement.

"How strange." I muttered again, my eyes narrowing as I continued to observe the two trees. Walking around it, climbing up into it and lastly squatting down in front of it to get a better look at the ingrained message at the back of the trunk on the left side tree.

It had squiggly writing that I assumed is an ancient language that the Yokohama village spoke. Which makes sense to why it's here ingrained in a tree. But for some reason I felt this pull to it, and just as my thoughts were about to get lost. My pocket started to feel warm, that was where I had placed the crystal...

Is this the seal?

Taking it out I slowly hold it up against the writing and make contact with the trunk.

As I was about to say 'release', I felt as something was wrong. This isn't right, I remember hearing Archie say to me that Uncle had put trespassing spells in the mountain before too.

This was to easy.

Way to easy...

Getting up, I looked eyes with a random statue that had suddenly appeared.

"Great...I bet that if I continued with this tree I would've had to fight the statue."

Biting my tip of my thumb in impatience, What am I going to do now?

*sigh* What to do? What to do?

Hmmmm...

I GOT IT!!

Running over to where the barrier was I placed my right hand gently on the invisible wall and take a deep breath in.

'We got this...we got this...we-'

'COME ON ROSIE!!! WE GOTTA HURRY THIS UP! YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU GOT THIS SO GO DO IT!!!' Scarlett's voice rang through my head like an alarm bell.