34. Old Tricks, Old Me

2 weeks passed with the three idling around whilst watching Austin busily preparing for expedition upon the orders of Rowan.

Today was the day they were going to head to see their first location the Altar of time.

Rowan had asked for a map of where the locations would be, first was the Altar which luckily was only a day's trip away, next was the Spring of Life located off Redthorn, meaning they would have to leave the isle before traveling to the kingdom of Floris. The last place they were headed was Opaline village located next to an oasis in the kingdom of Genesis.

All was ready as they assembled themselves in the hallway.

"You, guys ready?"

"Yep!" I responded looking at Rowan who was staring at his watch and looking towards Braylon who I heard a, "Mmm" from.

"Alright let's go then," Rowan said as he grabbed my hand as my vision turned hazy and I started feeling nauseous.

It was then Rowan's voice rung in my ear, "this must be her first teleporting otherwise how else would she be like this?"

"Let's take her to the place we're staying at as it seems like we can't go to the Altar today anyways." Braylon's voice came ringing through the darkness.

After taking Lilith to the place we had planned our stay in, Braylon and I headed out in the town. Scouting the area was important as the Altar changes place every month, but luckily I came across some information leading me to believe that the Altar would appear here in Hermington.

The town's folk don't seem to know of any strange occurrences around here, even when the news has spread last week about a temple being caught on fire. To them, it was like it didn't even happen at all...

But how could that be possible when-it must have something to do with the Altar. I heard that where ever the Altar appears something strange happens to the area and the people and creatures in the area.

But on the other hand, it may just be someone casting an illusion spell over all the town when the Altar might have appeared.

So, which one is it?

On the other side of town, Braylon was assigned the task to scout the location of the Spatial Altar and headed towards the first lead. The temple.

The temple was the same one that had recently burnt down, the place should be in shambles but once the sight of the temple fell into view, he was left stunned.

Is that the temple?

How?

He thought as he walked on a clean pathway, with lush green trees creating a canopy. What he saw was a bright, clean almost new building, with multiple priests and priestesses roaming around.

What the hell was going on? Wasn't this place burned to the ground only a few days ago? How could the building still be here?

As he kept walking he started noticing how quiet the place was, even with the busy priests and priestess there wasn't a single noise nor chatter. The place felt rather empty. Braylon continued to look around until he heard a chime of the town's bell and quickly fled back. His gut instincts told him that if he stayed any longer something bad would've happened, once he got to the town he suddenly felt lighter as if a force was lifted off him.

He knew something strange was happening in the town, and he had a hunch that it had something to do with that mysterious temple.

He went back to where they were staying and went to check up on Lilith. He knocked on the door twice before hearing Lilith's voice.