Side chapter: The untold truth

I lost her again...

It's always been like this...

Whether it is in this life or the next or the past...

You'll never be mine.

And I...

I will now have to stand by your side not as a lover but as one of your appointed guardians.

Just like what father and mother wished for me to do...

I will do my duties as your god-brother. I will try to help you break away from the endless cycle.

I will forever love you, though I still hold some romantic feelings towards you, I have to fulfill my promise to myself. I wasn't able to win your love in 10 lifetimes and this was the final chance I had. Now it's time to move on from my love for you, my dear sister.

And just like that, I had begun writing my final letter to the one person who I cherished the most whilst reminiscing about my past.

It only took Rhea in this lifetime to make me finally see that, throughout all the lives we had lived together, she only saw me as family...someone who she could rely on but not someone who would stay by her side forever until death.

Maybe that's why father put me through.

Maybe this wasn't just his punishment for me but to give me enlightenment.

Now after 10 lifetimes I can finally go back, my wings have fully grown back and now the Carisons symbol has reappeared on my neck.

I can finally go home after so long I can finally go back to the land of the gods...

Just thinking about it made me feel happy, I swear I'll protect my little sister no-matter where she is or what time she is in. Father and mother appointed me as her guardian and just like this, I will finally be able to look after her once I return.

It was really foolish of me to think that this punishment was a curse from father. But it turns out that I was just careless and foolish back then too...

Remembering back to when I had first met Rhea, she was the new priest my parents had adopted as their god-daughter. I knew it was wrong of me to try to change destiny by justifying my actions with my love for her.

I did some terrible things, I caused harm to Rhea and on top of that, I stripped her of her life by playing with her life strand.

I was and am the Operator, I am a god who foresees each world and every single being's life strand. My job was to not alter or touch the life strands but to make sure nothing would happen to it as I looked over the various world's...

But because I had fallen for Rhea and her pure and kind personality, I had lost clarity and my judgment was clouded. As of right now, I'm considered to be in my early adulthood faze and as the son of the Goddess Linila And the Supreme God Halos, I was gifted with beautiful angel wings to represent my role in judgment and overseeing life.

But because of my meddling with Rhea's life strand, I was forced to live in a constant loop of watching the woman who I had loved to be taken away. My powers stripped and slowly my love for her faded as I saw her happy and gorgeous smile to the man she stood beside.