Side chapter: A Villain's World pt1

*Victoria's POV*

Yelling.

That's I can there now that mother's past has been exposed.

Father yells and sometimes even abuses mother in front of me, every day I wonder if there is even a point to living. When no-one gives you care, concern, or love. A dull life I'm living but that all changed when I arrived at the academy, I didn't have to hear the yells and screams that I feared. I finally could smile but that was until father threatened me and mother, saying "Victoria you must do anything to make one of the princes fall in love with you. If you don't there no point of your mother and you to even exist as I don't even love you. You'll only be good enough if you marry into royalty that's the only good you're for."

Now I'm here staring at Leona's little sister as she introduces us, she's really cute I must admit. And I'm glad I could meet her as I really like Leona, she's been my friend since the moment we entered the academy though all our male friends seem interested in her, I'm not jealous. But I still have to do as father says, as long as mother is married to that man I can't do anything.

Looking at the gazes between Kai and Leona, I couldn't help but panic a little and I'm sure Lorance noticed it too. That's probably why he acted like he did to Leona's little sister, to distract and lighten the mood. He's the only one who knows what's going on with me. I still remember that day very clearly, it was only a week ago that it happened, the sun was setting and the hallways were empty, a festival in town was going on so many students were absent from school. I was crying alone in a classroom, after getting a letter from one of father's servants. That was the day father had told me that he told me of his plan's of marrying me off to royalty and that it's all I was good for. In the letter he even told about mother had fallen ill and that if I didn't follow his orders she'll die.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I cried. Right there in a corner of the classroom, with the letter in my hands.

Alone again...

I was always alone...

In my own dull monotone world with no-one to reach out to, just incase I became a burden to others I kept this hidden deep into my heart.

But that all changed, I thought that everyone had left for the festival and I was the only one here at the academy but I was wrong.

Through my huddled position, I kept letting my tears stream down my face. I was shaking so much as I held the letter, I couldn't do anything but cry as his words kept reciting itself in my ears. At one point I screamed "STOP IT!! PLEASE STOP!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"

And through my screams I didn't notice the door opening and shutting, nor did I hear the calm footsteps approaching me.

All I knew was that I was so scared, I had shut me eyes and curled into a ball against the wall, my hands covering my ears as if I could block out his words that kept shattering my barriers and piecing my heart.

Just as I felt like the world was against me and my world slowly became that of one without colour, I felt a warm hand on my head. Gently stroking my head as if they were comforting, as if I wasn't alone in my colourless world.

It felt nice, I finally calmed down and opened my eyes to peek at the person who had helped me. To my surprise it was Lorance, seeing my shocked expression he gave a small chuckle and smiled, but his smile didn't last long as he asked in a serious tone "Vicky, what made you like this? This is my first time seeing you sad much less in tears."