31. Letters and Lilies

"Hmm? Who is this guy you're talking about?" Lilith asked interested in this mysterious man who had suddenly arrived and caused Rowan to feel down.

"Oh, just an annoying prick who doesn't know when to shut up." Rowan calmly stated though his eyes contained annoyance at the mention of the man.

But then a man's coltish voice came booming into the room, "Rrooowwaaannn! How could you say that! I'm so hurt now! to think my only childhood buddy would say such things about me." the man cried running up to Rowan and clinging onto his sleeve.

The man had a very beautiful face though he had a softer more youthful, kind look that was further emphasised as he stood clinging onto an annoyed Rowan who had a more serious, handsome, and sharp features. The man had white pale skin that contrasted with his ruby eyes and long shoulder-length ebony hair, he was also dressed in a black and white suit.

Seeing Lilith's curious gaze Rowan began the introduction with much annoyance, "Speak of the demon, Lilith meet my childhood friend and sworn brother, Braylon Hindenburg."

After saying that he gave a look at the man clinging onto his sleeve and said "Braylon this is Lilith Rosie Carter. She is my guest."

Turning her head to face Rowan questioningly, she asked, "how did you know my full name?"

"What employee would I be to accept a mission and not know anything about my target? It's only natural that I know your basic information." He replied a-matter-of-factly giving her a sly smirk.

"Then why did you do that back at the temple?" Lilith asked getting mad at his rude behaviour back at the temple even though he knew about her.

"Well, what do you think? If a random stranger just came up to you out of the blue and called you by your name wouldn't it be suspicious?" He started looking at her as if she was an idiot.

"Fair point." Lilith huffed upset that she couldn't say anything to refute his words.

It was silent for a moment before Braylon chose to break the awkward atmosphere by greeting Lilith, "hello, there Lady Lilith, my name is Braylon Hindenburg. If you need anything princess I'll be sure to be of assistance after all you'll have to be dealing with his stinking butt."

But the moment Braylon finished his sentence he received a hard whack to the head by Rowan who looked at him murderously his voice sinking threateningly, "Braylon Hindenburg! Would you care to repeat that?"

"eep, no thanks, Rowan. You know I didn't mean it." Braylon quickly started walking backward in fright whilst waving his hands in front of him in denial.

After saying that Rowan's anger had completely vanished and returned back to his normal elegant yet serious self though he had a slight smile on his face whether he had noticed himself or not, Lilith didn't miss to catch his slight smile and in turn thought, 'I guess it won't be so bad if I stayed here for while...' unaware of a faint smile on her very own face.

*Lilith's POV*

After Braylon's intrusion, we continued eating our meal though we had the occasional banter it felt strangely comfortable to be with them. As if I knew them for countless years...

My thoughts were interrupted by the calling out of my name from both Rowan and Braylon as they looked at me concerned. I just look at the two and smile to give reassurance that I was okay even if I didn't say it. The two understand and soon we were so into our conversation that we had forgetting the time.

It was already 8 pm, yet Braylon was still trying to bicker with Rowan. Rowan just sat in his seat smugly at the fact that he had won their earlier argument. I couldn't help laughing at their antics as they were just like little kids even Austin had to come and knock Rowan on the head to correct him.