35. Boredom and Rants

The three of us have been waiting here forever.

Well, actually it's just me as the two of them have left me! Why did they leave me to do the boring job of waiting in front of the damned place!!

Yes. I know I'm being unreasonable and I'm just sulking over nothing. BUT STILL!!!

WHEN WILL THE MOON BE FINALLY IN THE SKY!!!

I've lost my patience for this, earlier Lucifer had told us that the altar was located at the temple. That's right the burnt temple was the location of this stupid thing. Out of all places it chooses the most famous one, did it not think it through when it appeared!

And you may be wondering why I'm yelling at the altar and blaming it. But once you hear my explanation you'll surely understand. You see the altar is guarded by the "altar's spirit", essentially it's the ghost form of the altar, So yes it can think and talk and do everything that a human could do.

But because it's a "spirit" it only shows its form on a full moon, WHICH SO HAPPENS TO BE TONIGHT!!

But guess what we have to wait 4 flipping hours before we can go, and until then we have to wait at the entrance of the temple.

Apparently, Braylon said that the temple wasn't even singed or in rumble. Originally, both Rowan and I thought that he must have gone to the wrong one, since he's not the most reliable person in the world. But guess what we learnt, we learnt that Braylon wasn't lying and he was actually reliable for once!

The reason why he saw what he did was due to the illusionary magic that the altar casted. The altar casts an illusionary time warp spell around a large vicinity, so that meant that the temple he saw wasn't actually there and it was just an illusion of a time before when the temple was like that.

The split second the altar's spirit appears the illusion falters for no longer than 10 seconds. We have to enter the real temple during that time window. If we don't we won't be able to get through and we'll be stuck in the illusion until morning.

ARGH, THIS IS SO ANNOYING!

"Rosie! Stop ranting to yourself again! Just get the mission done and over with it's not even that difficult it's just the same infiltration mission we got back then." Scarlett yelled, her voice sounding pain. I could seriously feel a headache coming up from her yells and nagging these past few days.

"Yeah, it's easy...For. Us. But you forgot that 1, we have baggage (I'm referring to Braylon and Rowan) and 2, we can't show our true skills yet. I'm meant to be inexperienced remember."

"ah...I forgot about that. Hehe oopsie?"

"mmm, just keep an eye on Lucifer will you." I just reply mentally eye-rolling at her bad memory.

"Yes, yes got it."

"Good. Now what to do for the rest 4 HOURS OF TORTURE."

"Quit complaining will you. You're starting to give me a headache." Scarlett's voice continues rather sharply.

"Fine!" I snap, knowing fully well that neither one of us was angry as it's just how we talk to each other since the beginning and it's never really changed.

Now snapping back to my awful reality...

I'm still lazing about in one of the many tree's surrounding the "temple". Note my awful attitude to this so-called holy land that I choose to make fun of every related to it.

Yes, I know what a personality switch. I just want to live a normal life of a sheltered little girl but nope heavens have forbidden that from me so now I'm going back to the old me.

*sigh* Right now it's so awfully quiet, not even Rowan or Braylon have come back yet and it's been an hour...

"ARGH! Please God, have mercy and save me from this boredom!" I shout not even bothered by the fact that others could hear me and find me. There is nothing to hide so I don't see why I have to do all these things so sneakily, wouldn't that draw more attention to my actions?

And plus I realised ages ago that someone or something was tailing us since the moment we left the hotel. They have been staying 4metres away from me while doing nothing but waiting.

Like, aren't they bored out of their minds like me!

How can someone watch someone for hours on end when that someone isn't even doing anything!

What kind of godly patience does that person even have?

If so, can I please have some?

You know stealing is caring...wait that doesn't sound right.

Was it sharing is stealing? Or was it sharing is caring?

All of them sound right minus the last one, that one sounds too nice to be true...

Oh, well I think that's what the old saying was anyways, I'm not too sure now as I've not needed to steal something in this life before right?

Saying that I instantly remember when I had entered Felix's royal family's vault. Did I take something from there? I think I did but that wasn't stealing that was borrowing as I returned that thing later one when Felix's dad decided to pick it up from me.

After the flashback, I grinned remembering the good, innocent days of my childhood. I was such a good child how could someone like me steal at such an age.

Quite satisfied with myself, I just kept nodding with a hand grasping my chin in thought. Yep! I'm definitely one of a kind and a treasure to behold.

To think that I used to kill people for a living, truly a sad time for me.

Me back then was so pitiful, But hey look at me now! I have money-well my family has money...but still, their money is my money so in a sense I'm rich!

I don't need to work for a single cent in my life though now I think about it I'm doing work now...

Damn it!

Time passed by with my constant ranting and talk to myself, which now thinking back on it sounds rather sad...

It's okay though cause once 4 hours were up, Braylon and Rowan magically appeared. I didn't even care that they were here, once I heard the town's bell start ringing I immediately started jumping through the trees at a fast pace towards the entrance of the temple.

I was counting down the 10 seconds I had.

My feet kept hitting the ground no thoughts in my mind but getting to the gate, 10.

My eyes were dead set on the sight of the temple gates, I could hear my heart racing, 9.

I was getting closer, now. The gate looked kinda funny as everything around the entrance was beautiful yet the image shown past the gate was black and ruined 8.

Only just a few more metres, 7.

I have to go Faster, 6.

Faster, 5.

FASTER, 4.

The gate started closing, 3.

Come on, Come on, 2.

And 1.