12. A little fun and Mischief never caused harm to anyone. Or does it? pt1

It's roughly 10pm right now, And I feel like I'm at my breaking point.

'I WANT TO SMASH SOMETHING'

'Why?'

'Kairi has been pestering me for 9HOURS NOW! ANY SANE PERSON WOULD'VE BROKE BY NOW!'

'Geez calm down. It was your fault in the first place by inviting her.'

'Yeah...I know thank god we're leaving now. I guess I get to relive my stress very soon. hehehe...'

'What are you planning Rosie? Are u gonna break into the palace and steal something precious?' Scarlett said jokingly unaware of the fact that she might have given an idea to Lilith.

'...you'll have to wait and see Scar. But we have to be quick since it is my birthday tomorrow and knowing my family they'll definitely celebrate it.'

'Oh, right so we have until 6am. Not bad but make sure that whatever you do don't get caught. You'll be in big trouble if your parents find out, you're grounded after all.'

'Yes, yes when did you so responsible Scar? You were never like this before until recently...'

'Hey, I was not! I was always this responsible.'

'You sure? Are you sure that it doesn't have anything to do with a certain someone who recently joined our team?'

'ABSOLUTELY NOT!'

'Okay, okay no need to yell, I'm sure that certain someone will notice you soon...'

'ROSI-'

That was the last thing Lilith heard before cutting off her connection with Scarlett, giggling quietly at her friend's behaviour.

Few minutes have passed and Lilith had finally finished preparing to leave. First she had moved her pillow into what looked like her body, sleeping peacefully under the covers. Next she got herself properly dressed in her beige brown pants and a plain white shirt, finishing up with tying her hair in a neat ponytail and adding a simple grey, commoners hat resembling what her past life would call a beret.

Looking in the mirror satisfied she quietly opened the window in her room and left with Kairi trailing behind her.

*30minutes have passed*

The night was cool and refreshing with the dim-lit lanterns warmly glowing up the desolate streets of Bermight. This abandoned street used to be what they would refer to as the busiest street in all of Dalias, but now look at it. There is no-one living here anymore, the whole area was completely abandoned and forgotten. Tonight I thought I might uncover the mysteries behind why this place became such a wasteland.

I heard about this place a few days ago, Leona was in my room playing with her magic and entertaining me. And whilst she was in the middle of showing me one of her new tricks, she brought up the Bermight. Telling me tales and rumours that she heard about the place, apparently, the street used to be full of life, buzzing with activity but then one night there was a break-in. The shop owner of the store who supposedly got broken into that night, claimed that he saw a humanoid demon mystically appear out of nowhere and threatened him before tearing the store apart. the next morning the store was closed, and again that night the incident occur again but in a different store, the next morning the store was closed the same incident kept on reoccurring every night until all the stores were closed with the store owners never speaking a word.

As stores kept closing, the number of people visiting dropped, and soon the street of Bermight became what it is today.