xlv. As You Wish

xlv. As You Wish

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve. It felt strange for Annabeth to say it out loud, but it was already the end of the year and she couldn't believe it was already December 31st and in just a few hours, she would be celebrating the new year with Percy, Estelle, Thalia and countless others in Time Square when the ball drop. However, in the meantime, Thalia scrolled through her phone whilst lying on her bed while Annabeth read.

"I can't wait to see Estelle!" gushed Thalia out of nowhere, causing her to laugh, "I'm sorry! I was just thinking about how she was a sweetheart! Gosh, I love her so much!"

"She is," Annabeth then smiled. "You know, who knew that you would like kids? That was something I never expect to happen."

Thalia blushed, "Well, I still don't like kids—they're in a pain in the ass—and it's Estelle, we're talking about, Annabeth, everyone loves her."

"Hm, true."

They then began reminiscing about the year for the next twenty minutes till Bobby walked in her room  and informed them dinner was ready.

He exclaimed as they headed to the dining room, "We're eating chicken and rice for the New Year's! Mommy also said that we can drink orange juice."

Because the twins were excessively drinking orange juice, Helen limited their daily orange juice intake which caused her brother to be very, very grumpy and every day, they begged for juice.

"Oh, yay," Thalia grinned, "Bobby is finally having his juice after fifty years."

"Get Bobby his juice!" laughed Annabeth, "We should start a petition against Helen."

Thalia's eyes brightened, and she exclaimed, "We should! Get Bobby his juice 2021!"

Bobby giggled at Thalia and her's comments, causing them to smile.

"Can you believe that this is our last dinner before 2021! Isn't that crazy to think about?" exclaimed Helen, placing the seasoned chicken on the table, "This is our first New Year's in Manhattan!"

"Haha, yes," laughed Frederick as he scooped the white rice and placed the bowls onto the table, "It feels like we have lived in New York for our entire life. We all having a great time here in New York, right?"

Annabeth nodded with a soft smile. She was having the absolute greatest time in Manhattan: everything in the past four months felt like a fairytale—a dream come true—from meeting Percy, befriending him, and calling him hers.

Annabeth then instantly chuckled when the twins squealed as Helen got out the orange juice.

"Bobby! Matthew!" scolded Helen, carefully placing the two cups of orange juice. "Calm down, it's just orange juice."