lvi. Fashion 4 Passion

lv. Fashion 4 Passion

Annabeth wasn't never really enjoy shopping—to her, it just seemed like a waste of valuable time that could have been spent doing something productive

Annabeth wasn't never really enjoy shopping—to her, it just seemed like a waste of valuable time that could have been spent doing something productive. But Helen loves shopping, especially at Macy's with those thirty percent coupons off.

On most days, Helen never offered Annabeth to go to the local mall with her, but today wasn't like most days: Helen wanted Annabeth to go shopping with her and she decided why not—she did need some new clothes.

Annabeth glanced at the outfits on display in the stores inside the mall and a small smile formed on her face when she passed the store where she got her flowy pink lace homecoming dress—it was what she wore when she kissed Percy for the first time on the rooftop.

Oh, Annabeth missed the simpler days when it was just her trying to deny her feelings for Percy—instead of now—trying to deny Elle's feelings toward Percy.

"Annabeth, what about this? Helen exclaimed, holding white ruffle plaid shirt and a black mini-skirt, "Do you like this?"

"I like the outfit," smiled Annabeth, "Thanks."

In the next hour, Annabeth picked out all the clothes that she thought were cute and stylish and she and Helen went to look at the jewelry when someone called out Helen's name.

Annabeth looked up from the diamond ring she was admiring and saw an Asian woman with shoulder-length brown hair, dark brown eyes, and she wore a plain bronze dress and black heels with a Louis Vuitton purse.

Helen gasped, "Oh, Mina! It's so nice to see you! How are you?"

"I'm doing amazing, Helen!" Mika then beamed at Annabeth, "Oh, I see that you brought your daughter with you! Annabeth, wasn't it?"

"Yes, this is Annabeth," Helen smiled, "Annabeth, this is auntie Mina."

"Annabeth, it's so nice to meet you!" Mina happily clasped her hands together. "Helen has told me a lot about you! You're so pretty and so smart! I wish my daughter could be like you!"

"Thank you," blushed Annabeth. "I love your outfit, auntie Mina—"

Obviously, Mina wasn't her actual aunt, but because Annabeth had learned from a young age that in Asian culture, it was out of respect to call people who are way older over than you, auntie or uncle.

"Oh, why thank you! So polite," giggled Mina. "Also, just call me Mina, Annabeth, I'm not that old."

"Oh, alright," she laughed awkwardly.

"Mina, what are you doing here?" asked Helen curiously, "I thought you said that you worked on the weekends."

"I took a day off because Elle needed a dress for her choir concert in February," Mina explained before looking back at Annabeth. "Annabeth, I think you go to the same school as my daughter, Elle. Do you know her?"

"Uh, maybe?" she automatically thought about Elle Montgomery, "I might know her..."

"Oh, just let me call her over and we'll see!"

Annabeth watched as Mina called for Elle in another language that Annabeth did not understand and her breath sagged, seeing the familiar dyed red hair and floral headband with those kiwi earrings. Oh, god. Mina's daughter was actually Elle Montgomery.

"Mom, what is it?" Asked Elle. "I just found these cute pairs of watermelon earringsoh, hi...Annabeth?"

"Hi, Elle," smiled Annabeth awkwardly.

"So, you guys do know each other...?" Mina asked curiously.

"Yeah, we do, we have several classes together like physics—"Elle sheepishly informed.

"Oh? Physics?" Mina gasped excitedly, "Annabeth, tell me who's the black-haired boy with sea-green eyes in your class? Elle has a crush on him!"

"Mom!" exclaimed Elle, her troubling eyes met Annabeth's eyes, "Don't say that too loud!"

"Oh, oops, sorry sweetie!" blushed Mina, "But you told me that your crush was your physics class but you refused to tell me who is it so I just thought Annabeth might know!"

"Mom!" blushed Elle. "Don't get Annabeth into this—!"

"Elle," Mina interjected, "I was just wondering if Annabeth knew this mysterious, cute crush on yours that you mentioned, that's all, don't be upset."

Elle's eyes widened and she became flustered and flushed underneath Annabeth's gaze and Annabeth tried her hardest not to scowl at the girl.

"Honey, it's okay," reassured Mina. "There is no need to be ashamed, Elle—"

"He already has a girlfriend, mom!" hushed Elle loudly, "Can we just drop the entire thing, please?"

"Oh."

Mina was clearly taken back from her daughter's words and whispered something inaudible into Elle's ears and the girl just rolled her eyes.

"Sorry about that," Mina plastered a smile then asked, "Annabeth, do you have a boyfriend? I'm sure that with a girl like you, boys would be lining up to date you!"

Annabeth's eyes widened and her face reddened, "Yes, I do."

"Ah, how cute!" gushed Mina, "Anyways, we should probably get going! It was nice seeing you guys! Have a good day!"

"You too!"

Annabeth's eyes fixated on Elle as the girl walked away and she couldn't help but scowled and glared at her.

Because Annabeth now knew that Elle was trying to steal Percy away by getting close to him. Oh, what a sly fox.

[originally published on 2/1/21.]

[2/1/21] author's note! Hi guys! Sorry for the late chapter! I miscalculated time on the weekend and that's why we're having a update on Monday, which to me feels very weird!! This chapter was also written in a rush last night so please forgive me if there was any errors! I really like writing this weekend's chapters—it was so refreshing and I hope you enjoy them it too! I have a lot planned this weekend so watch out for that! Well, that's all I have to say besides I wish everyone a good week! I'll see you guys on Friday! <3 thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Till next time—! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙