v. I Think I Like You!

Annabeth Chase likes Percy Jackson

Annabeth Chase likes Percy Jackson. Well, that's what her heart has been telling her for the past week. Whenever she looked at Percy, all she could think about how cute he was and how much she want to run her fingers through his messy hair. But her mind always discarded these thoughts. Annabeth Chase could not like Percy Jackson because they were just friends (and she did not want to be friend zoned).

"Annabeth!" Silena Beauregard's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and the girl exclaimed, "I really like your painting! It's so cute!"

She met Silena Beauregard on the first day of school in art class (the girl was one of the few people who introduced herself to Annabeth) and ever since then, they've become good friends, chatting and assisting each other on their art projects. 

"Thanks," Annabeth blushed and she looked at her painting, "I was afraid it was going to be terrible. I'm really happy with how it turned out."

"Oh, you need to stop doubting yourself! You're so talented and artistic! Mrs. Iris told you that she loved it and it was probably the best artwork she has ever seen!"

Annabeth's cheeks flushed, recalling the art teacher's compliment earlier, and she sheepishly smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, but Charlie asked me on a date yesterday! We're going to the movies on Saturday!" blushed Silena.

Annabeth's eyes widened in surprise, "Ohmygod! Yay! I'm so happy for you! That's great! Tell me how it goes!"

Everyone knew that Charles "Charlie" Beckendorf and Silena had a not-so-secret crush on one another and Annabeth had spent the past month listening to Silena pining after Charles so she was joyful that the two were finally going on a date.

"I definitely will!" she beamed, "Anyways, I'll be back! I need to talk to Mrs. Iris about my artwork!—Oh, hey Percy!"

Annabeth instantly turned around; her cheeks tinted red, seeing a grinning Percy, and he greeted Silena, then sat down next to her.

"Hey, Annabeth! What are you doing now today? Is it just a free day?" he gazed around the room then smiled at her artwork, "Hey, that looks amazing, Annabeth!!"

"Thanks! And yes, it is a free day," a smile formed on Annabeth's face then she frowned, "Aren't you supposed to be in study hall?"

"Yes," Percy cheekily smiled, "Don't worry, Mr. Hypnos knows I'm herewell, I think he knowsuh, that doesn't really matter! I just wanted to talk you."

Annabeth rolled her eyes and chuckled, "You couldn't wait for two more periods to talk to me? You know, you could just text me: you have my phone number."

Percy's cheeks reddened and he mumbled, "I know, but I also wanted to see your pretty smile."

"Huh? What did you say?" Annabeth frowned, "You were mumbling, Percy."

"Uh, um, it's nothing! Don't worry about it," he sheepishly reassured, "Anyways, I was wondering because you don't have volleyball practice today, do you want to hang out after school at my place? I think it'll be really fun!"

"Oh? Um, sure! That does seem fun!"

Percy beamed at Annabeth and she softly smiled whilst her heart fluttered. Gosh, he's so cute! She just wanted to kiss him!—Oh, Annabeth definitely likes Percy!

[formerly titled as 'Study Buddies']

[10/03/20] author's note! Hiya! I hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying the book so far!! I'm so excited as I already wrote the beginning of the next chapter so prepare yourself!! A tad bit of percabeth fluff in this chapter-I'm a sucker for those sjsjsj 🤧🥰🥺 Anyways, I did something and entered False God in @/PercyJacksonAwards Watty's Award 2020 so go check it out and vote!!! Thank you and much love, Lucinda <3

[08/12/21] author's note: Hello! We have entered October chapters—It's weird to know it's October in two months! It still feels like June, haha! If anyone is wondering, I'm still a sucker for fluff. Anyways, it's ten months later, and I can say that False God won the Percy Jackson Award's Watty! It's still so surreal, and I'm forever grateful <3 Thank you for reading, and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda!💙