xi. Alrightly Aphrodite

xi. Alrighty Aphrodite

After school, Annabeth and Piper went to Macy's to shop for homecoming dresses, but it has been unfortunately unsuccessful so they were taking a break at the food court and got some pizzas to eat

As she ate, Annabeth recalled the conversation from lunch earlier today about her classmates surmising that she and Percy were dating (again). She and Percy agreed to ignore it (after all, they had better things to worry about than lovesick girls), however, unlike the first time, her heart raced at that thought of them dating. 

"Annabeth?!" exclaimed an familiar voice and she looked up, "Annabeth!"

Estelle ran over to Annabeth who smiled at the little girl, "Estelle! What are you doing here? Where is your brother?"

Annabeth glanced around to spot the messy black-haired boy who she had a crush on and bit her lips when she didn't see him.

As sensing her disappointment, Estelle quickly explained, "Percy's home, but I can tell him that you said hi and you missed him!"

Annabeth blushed, "No, no, it's fine-he already know that I miss him-wait, I-"

"Estelle!" Sally rushed over to them and sighed in relief. "Don't do that again, alright? You can't go somewhere without telling me, thank god, that lady told me that you ran out before—oh, hey, Annabeth!"

Annabeth smiled kindly at the women. "Hey, Sally!"

"What are you doing here?" asked Sally, then she guessed, "Homecoming dress shopping?"

"Yes," nodded Annabeth.

"Percy and I haven't gone homecoming shopping yet, but, don't worry, we will soon," Sally smiled, "I'm excited that you are going with Percy, Annabeth."

"I am too! This is the first year that Percy is going with someone!" beamed Estelle.

"Really?"

"Yes!" Estelle then exclaimed, "Hey, Piper! Are you also going homecoming shopping with Annabeth?"

"Hey, Estelle! Hey, Sally! Yes, I am," smiled Piper at them and sat down beside Annabeth, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Piper! How nice to see you again!" Sally then explained, "Estelle and I just wanted to go shopping: it's like a girl's day today!"

"How fun!" beamed Piper.

They chatted for a couple of minutes till Sally and Estelle said goodbye and left Annabeth and Piper. After they ate, Piper and Annabeth hooked their arms and beamed.

"C'mon, time for dress shopping!"

While Piper already found a gorgeous dusty sage dress that fell just below her knee in one hour at Heart Shaker, Annabeth struggled to pick out a dress she liked and they together looked through the racks to find the perfect dress.