lviii. Blue Kiss

lviii. Blue Kiss

Percy waited outside Goode High School with messy hair, disheveled clothes, and flushed cheeks from the cold—or something else

Percy waited outside Goode High School with messy hair, disheveled clothes, and flushed cheeks from the cold—or something else. Twenty minutes earlier, he had kissed Annabeth goodbye, but they had caught up with something in the janitor's closet. The feeling of the hot, rush kiss seemed to linger on his lips and he could still taste her vanilla chapstick.

A small smile formed on his face and he checked the phone, seeing a message saying that she was coming outside so they could start working on their Lover Project this evening.

Percy was amused by the fact that it was always Elle and him, never Percy and Leo, or Percy and Jason, or even Percy and Annabeth—it was Elle and Percy. Huh, it seemed like the fates were really having a fun time.

Though that didn't really bother Percy because Elle was a sweet girl who was very blushy and was kinda flirty. Just a little bit. Elle Mongemtry was truly something else, but that's why Percy likes her.

"Perce!" exclaimed Elle and he instantly smiled, "I'm sorry! The meeting started late therefore it ended late! But I'm here now!"

Today, Elle wore an oversized fluffy sweater, black leggings, a pair of boots, her hair was fell over her shoulder and her iconic kiwi earrings swayed side to side.

"Oh, it's fine," reassured Percy, "How art club?"

"Good," Elle chuckled and they began walking, "Hey, before I forget, I have a choir concert coming up, you should attend!"

"I might," nodded Percy. "What kind of songs are you guys singing?"

"Well," Elle's eyes glistened, "How about I'll show you later—I don't like to boast but I think I'm quite good at singing."

Elle winked at him then laughed with Percy. When the laughter faltered, Elle began talking about her day and Percy listened; he couldn't help but smile at the girl.

"What are you smiling about, Percy, hmm?" Elle raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," he blushed then sheepishly confessed after Elle bagged him, "You. I'm smiling because of you—I dunno—I like hanging out with you."

Elle blushed, "Likewise."

They took the bus to his street and they walked down the broken cobblestone pavement when Elle halted and gazed at the sky.

"Percy! Look at the sunset, it's so pretty."

Elle was right. Though the sunset weren't the ones like in summer—it still held the pink and blue hues of a pretty lover sunset. He could see the streetlights turned on as the night sky slowly took over.

"It is pretty," he softly smiled.

Elle's eyes met his and she then sheepishly smiled, "Let's go. It's quite cold out here."