x. Girls Talk Boys

x. Girls Talks Boys

Anywhere Annabeth went, she was smiling, because she was going to homecoming with Percy! However, it sucked because many, many people still asked him to homecoming even though everyone knew they're going to be rejected

Lately, there had been rumor going around that she and Percy were going to homecoming together so that's why he kept rejecting everyone else—oh, they were going to be upset that the rumor was now true.

Annabeth said goodbye to Miss. Hestia, her English teacher after discussing about her essay and quickly headed to Mr. D's classroom with a hall pass when a red-haired girl with kiwi earrings stopped her with a sweet smile (Annabeth was pretty sure they had physics together).

"I'm sorry, Annabeth! I didn't mean to bother you and please forgive me for being so noisy, but I was wondering are you going to homecoming with Percy?"

"Uhhh, why do you want to know?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"Well, because," the girl blushed, "I have liked Percy ever since sophomore year and I really wanted to ask him to homecoming, but I don't want to embarrass myself if he's already going with someone."

"Oh, alright. Uh, we are going to homecoming together," Annabeth bit her lips. 

The girl's smile faltered, "Oh, um, okay! Good for you, Annabeth! Percy's very kind and he is so cute, isn't him?"

"He is," half-smiled Annabeth.

"Well, have fun at homecoming! You're so lucky!" the girl nodded with a smile then walked away.

"Thanks...?"

Puzzled, Annabeth continued walking and as soon as she entered into the class, she forgot about the strange encounter, seeing Percy's eyes lit up and his smile.

While working on their presentation half-way during the period, Annabeth's eyes widened and she nudged him.

He looked at her with an raised eyebrow and she asked, "You're fine if our classmates knew that we're going to homecoming, right?"

"Yes, that's fine," he then frowned, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I told this girl that we're going together because she wanted to ask you out and I was thinking that she could tell everyone that we're going  together if she wanted to," answered Annabeth.

"Ah, alright," Percy then frowned, "Are you okay with it?"

"Yeah, it's fine," Annabeth then chuckled, "I mean, everyone was going to eventually know, so it's whatever."

He nodded with a smile then exclaimed, "I told my parents we're going to homecoming yesterday and they're super excited! Have you told your dad and step-mom?"

"Yes," nodded Annabeth, then sheepishly confessed, "I'm sorry, Percy, but I told them we're going as friends because I know for a fact they would refused if—"

"It's fine," he reassured with a soft smile, "They're being protective, don't worry, I understand. I'll just make sure to impress them when I meet them."

Annabeth beamed and kissed his cheeks, causing Percy to blush.

"You're so cute, you know that?"

When it was lunchtime, everyone knew that she and Percy were each other's date for homecoming and everywhere they went, people stared and gossiped about them.

"Yay!! I knew you guys would go to homecoming together," laughed Jason.

"Thanks," smiled Percy then chuckled, "Huh, I'm surprised that the news spread so fast within like, what, three hours?"

"Gossip spreads fast when it concerns Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase," teased Piper then smiled, "I'm happy you guys are going to homecoming together, but, uh, are you guys also dating?"

Annabeth and Percy's eyes widened and Percy frowned, "No, we're not! Why...Why do you ask that?"

Piper bit her lips, "Oh? You two haven't heard? Everyone's saying that you and Percy are dating."

"Again?!"

[orginally published on 10/18/20.]

[10/18/20] author's note! another update after an update?? what's happening to the world?? Annabeth did something and I think you guys would be so proud of her!!! I can't believe that we reached chapter ten-double digits with 500+ reads like that's just crazy!!! I never thought that this book would reach that amount and I'm so glad it didn't flop like I thought before!! I love you guys! Here's some mwahs and loves for you for this week so you can hopefully have a good week!! <3 Much love, Lucinda!! 🥰🥺❤️