lxii. Eyes Locked, Hands Locked

lxii. Eyes Locked, Hand Locked

Tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and Percy was kinda panicking—just a little bit

Tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and Percy was kinda panicking—just a little bit. He hadn't come up with anything to do with Annabeth, and it was stressing him out. There were a few ideas that Percy came up with, but none of them seemed perfect to him, and it had to be perfect for Annabeth.

Though he knew that Annabeth didn't care if it was perfect or not—all she wanted was to spend the day with him without any chaos happening around them.

A soft smile appeared on Percy's face and fidgeted with Elle's yellow hair tie, staring into the distance from his bedroom window.

The New York City sky outside was pale pink with a streak of yellow. He could hear cars honking in afternoon traffic and watched as people walked by—their hair flying in the windy air. Percy's sea-green eyes flickered, and he rested his head on his wooden desk.

His lamp glared down at him, and Percy buried his head onto the crook of his elbow. He looked up back and dropped Elle's hair tie onto the table—watching as the hair tie bounced down on the table next to her letter.

Though it had no name on the crisp letter—Percy could easily recognize Elle's handwriting from the many nights where he had watched her write something down as her red hair fell down her face.

He had taken the letter out, but Percy avoided looking at the words—knowing that he'll eventually have to read them to see what the letter was about. His fingers hovered over the smudged lipstick stain that Elle had marked the paper with.

Percy didn't know what Elle would've written to him. He didn't even know what Elle felt toward him, but he guessed that Elle felt some attraction toward him—enough to write him a Love Letter. Percy didn't know what to think about Elle anymore.

Elle was bold, to say the least. She was bold enough to write a letter to him, confessing her love toward him around Valentine's Day. Not to mention to do such a thing even though Percy had a girlfriend, who he loves very much...

That's why Elle was acting suspicious and taking forever when zipping up his backpack—she had put this letter in it for him to read. To read or not read—his mind wandered in a debate.

It didn't help that Annabeth found Elle's hair tie that the red-head girl must have left around when she was over at his apartment. It all looked so horrible to the eye, and Percy promised it was nothing like that.

Annabeth could also tell it wasn't anything like that too, but Percy couldn't ignore the look of doubt on her face like she was conflicted by something. They were going to be alright.

His eyes glanced to a book that Annabeth had left at his apartment, False God. Annabeth had already finished the book and even read him some chapters. But the only reason that Annabeth still had it with her was because of the ending.