xv. You Belong With Me

Even though it was a chilly late October day, Percy kept Annabeth was warm and close with his arm gently wrapped around her shoulder as they walked to his apartment after school

Even though it was a chilly late October day, Percy kept Annabeth was warm and close with his arm gently wrapped around her shoulder as they walked to his apartment after school. The wind blew their strands of their hairs around and the air smell like pumpkin spice as they passed many shops. 

"How do you feel about nicknames, Annabeth?," she curiously looked at him and he sheepishly smiled.

"I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I don't mind them," answered Annabeth then frowned, "Why do you ask? Do you have a nickname for me?"

He nodded with a blush, "Yes. It's wise girl, you know, because you're super smart and I love you."

Annabeth grinned, "Aw, how cute." 

"Yay, I'm glad. Would it be alright if I call you Wise Girl?" he then smirked, "I can also call you princess or sweetheart if you like...?"

"Wise Girl would be lovely," blushed Annabeth, "But you can only call me Wise Girl if I call you Seaweed Brain." 

"Sure! I'm okay with that. How cute: Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl," he beamed then joked, "But why not babe? or maybe, even pookie bear?"

Annabeth shook her head with a laugh, "Pookie bear is cute."

Percy beamed then said, "Hey, do you remember we promised during homecoming night that we would go on a date?"

A smile formed on her face, "Of course, I do. We still haven't gone on it."

"Yeah," he nodded, "I'm only bringing it up to let you that I haven't forgot: let's go on that date whenever we're free, alright? I know we're both very busy in the next couple of weeks."

"That sounds good," smiled Annabeth softly, "I can't wait for our first date! It's going to be so fun!"

"I'm glad you're excited, I am too," beamed Percy, "I have an idea of what we're doing and I think you'll really enjoy it."

"I know I will, after all, I'm going to be with you."

Percy's eyes softened and he went to kiss her, but Annabeth placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him, and his eyes widened.

"What's wrong, Annabeth? Do I do something to upset you?"

"No, no, no," she reassured, "I just don't want you to kiss me when we're just friends..."

It was pretty clear that Annabeth and Percy were a thing, she needed to know they were actually dating and she wasn't overthinking everything.

"Oh," Percy sheepishly blushed, understanding what Annabeth was saying, and asked, "Annabeth, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, I will," Percy kissed her and Annabeth chuckled, "I guess we don't have to tell anyone that we're dating, because everyone already thinks we're dating."

(There were already rumors that they're dating even before they even kissed one another.)

His eyes twinkled and he smirked, "Well, Annabeth Chase, it seems like all the rumors are true—it's you and me forever."

[originally published on 10/30/20! && formerly titled as Voodoo Doll!!.]

[10/30/20] author's note! This is the end of act one and we have hit 1k reads!! Like oh my god, thank you every single of you and I'm so grateful that you had decided to stick with me through this journey! I don't know how to explain it in words on I'm so overwhelmed (in a good way) for votes and comments-it's means the world to me and makes me beamed!! But I want you to know that you make me feel happy and thank you for making sure that this book didn't flop as I thought in the beginning! Like fifteen chapters-that's just crazy and I started this book back in September and here we are at the end of October!? This is so surreal to me-Anyways, I hope you will join me in act two of False God! I hope you enjoy the book so far and thank you again for everything!  Stay safe and I love you guys!! Much love, (from a teary) Lucinda! ❤️🥺