xii. Princess of New York

It was the evening of homecoming and Annabeth was nervous because Percy was picking her up and that means he would have to meet her family and she was afraid the exchange wouldn't go well

It was the evening of homecoming and Annabeth was nervous because Percy was picking her up and that means he would have to meet her family and she was afraid the exchange wouldn't go well. But Percy had reassured her multiple times that it'll be fine (with the help of blue cookies and some sweet talk).

But Annabeth was also super excited. She felt like a princess in her gorgeous pink dress that fitted her perfectly, white high heels, and glimmering jewelry and light and elegant makeup.

Annabeth instantly checked her phone, hearing it ding, and she grabbed her purse and quickly left her bedroom.

"Annabeth! your boyfriend is here!" shouted Bobby, causing her to wince as she hurried to the front door of the apartment.

"He's not my boyfriend, Bobby! He's just a friend!" she groaned.

"Annabeth has a boyfriend! Annabeth has a boyfriend! Annabeth has a boyfriend!" Bobby exclaimed.

Her dad, Frederick came out his office, and frowned, "Boyfriend? What boyfriend? Annabeth? I thought you told me Percy was just a friend? I mean, I'm okay with you dating, but you should've told me—"

"Dad, I'm not dating Percy! Bobby is just saying that! Gosh, stop saying that, Bobby!"

"She's right, Bobby, you still have to finish your dinner then do your chores! Matthew is almost done with his plate—Matthew, how many times do I have to tell you? You have to eat your vegetables," scolded Helen.

"But, mommy, I don't like cauliflower!"

"Mommy, it's a Saturday, I don't want to wash the dishes!"

"Matthew! Bobby!" frowned Helen.

The door bell rang once again; Annabeth informed everyone that Percy was here and they quickly fixed themselves to appear as classy and she opened the door.

A smile formed on her face and his eyes widened at the sight of her and he blushed. His messy black hair was neat and styled, he wore a suit with a pink tie, and in his one hand was corsage and in the other was a bouquet.

"Annabeth, you look amazing, no, no, no, you look divine."

Her heart fluttered and she blushed, "Thank you! You look so handsome."

He softly smiled and handed her the flowers, "These are for you: you mentioned before that you love white tulips."

"I did, thank you," Annabeth beamed, "Come inside!"

Percy followed her into her apartment; Annabeth quickly and carefully settled the bouquet onto the entryway table and grabbed her boutonnière.

"Let's exchange our boutonnières and corsage!"