lxv. Benevolent

lv. Benevolent

It felt like Percy was experiencing last Friday once again

It felt like Percy was experiencing last Friday once again. He couldn't find Annabeth anywhere, and Percy was scared that he had actually messed everything up. From what Lucy had told him, Val had shown Annabeth a picture of him and Elle kissing. And Annabeth left.

Percy could faintly remember Elle's kiss, but he could clearly remember pushing her off and telling her that he had a girlfriend. But his classmates had already taken pictures of them locking lips and had twisted the scene.

He had been meaning to tell Annabeth about it, but it seemed like the fates had said no. It was like they wanted Annabeth to figure it herself, which she did.

It was all his fault—if Percy had only told her beforehand, maybe just maybe, they wouldn't end up here, and instead, they would have been back at his apartment to plan the wedding.

"Percy?" Said Lucy quietly, placing her hands on her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

He blinked and shook his head. Percy realized that he was standing in the main hall and everybody was staring at him—waiting for him to do something. His gaze drifted down the hall where he saw Annabeth flee. Percy looked back at Lucy.

"Yes, Lucy," Nodded Percy. "I'm okay."

Lucy didn't look convinced and narrowed her eyes at Percy. They stared at each other till Lucy slowly dropped her hands to the side and stepped back. Her ponytail swayed, and she stuffed her hands into her coat jacket.

Percy glanced away from Lucy and looked at Val, who flashed him a charming smile and twirled her brown hair. His sea-green eyes flickered, and his breath hitched, recognizing her.

Val has been chasing him ever since sophomore year and was, as Lucy put it, a try-hard that doesn't know when to stop—which was true. Cheers to Val for getting Percy single for the new month. Not.

"Percy!" Said Val, walking over to him and hugging him. "How are you?"

His eyes widened, and he awkwardly put his arms up as Val looked up at him with her shimmering brown eyes.

"Don't touch him!" Blurted out Lucy then blushed, "It makes him uncomfortable."

Val scowled at Lucy and asked, "How do you know that it makes him uncomfortable? He's perfectly fine with it? Right, Percy?"

"Uhh," Said Percy and pushed Val off of him. "Lucy is right. I'm uncomfortable, Val."

Val pouted and crossed her arms while Percy awkwardly scratched the back of his hair. He watched as Val glared at Lucy and glanced behind her to see people whispering to each other.

"Percy! Why are you even friends with Lucy?" Whined Val. "She's horrible at fashion and speaking! Not to mention, she likes—"

Lucy's eyes widened, and she opened her mouth to stop Val from finishing her sentence, but Percy mouthed no and looked at Val. A scowl formed on his face—something that no one has really seen on him before.